Idlewilde

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by The Gainster

And Star Wars is a documentary!
:D

dude, I didn't say "ROTS" was SUPERB or GREAT...
I thought the movie was a cool ending, along with some flaws (CGI lizard that Obi Wan rides, Vader's "NOOOOOO!", Amidala poopin' out those 2 babies and naming them INSTANTLY out of the blue, Grievous' cough and his NOT imploding organs when he's out in space...)

but you can't deny that Cruise should have just SHOT Fanning with all her whinyness and horrible painful screams!

The 2 scenes that were most impressive (like... they could become classics!) are the blazing train and when they drive into the town and everyone is trying to get into their car. :eek:
That really hit me in the face figurely speaking!

• Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

but you can't deny that Cruise should have just SHOT Fanning with all her whinyness and horrible painful screams!

And the screams were in 5.1:eek: :eek: :eek:

I liked the scene when they thought a storm was coming. The audio in the film is world class.

Get in the car, or your gonna DIE! Poof. :D

• Members

I want to say Devils Rejects but, I have not seen it yet.

I watched The Machinist

It stars the same guy that plays Batman in Batman Begins. He lost so much weight for the role he looks like he's straight out of a German POW camp. It's a pretty cool and freaky movie too.

• Members

Originally posted by Crunchtime

I want to say Devils Rejects but, I have not seen it yet.

I watched The Machinist

It stars the same guy that plays Batman in Batman Begins. He lost so much weight for the role he looks like he's straight out of a German POW camp. It's a pretty cool and freaky movie too.

devil's rejects kicked ass

10x better than house of 1000 corpses

• Members

Originally posted by mcflytrap

devil's rejects kicked ass

10x better than house of 1000 corpses

I actually thought the opposite. Devil's reject was a little ponderous and flaky as a movie. It tried pulling off some good ideas but never with any conviction. Just my opinion.

I liked the British horror called The Descent. Much much better than the Devil's rejects. I also enjoyed Kung Fu Hustle. Cheesy but good.

• Members

I really enjoyed Sin City, Batman and Wedding Crashers. Those are easy.

I did catch a documentary about ballroom dancing in New York middle schools. It was called Mad Hot Ballroom. Maybe I liked it more because I'm a teacher, but the kids were very honest and real in front of the camera and some of them really got into the dancing. Cool film anyway.

Wait a minute, what did you say Kestrel? I should get a pink PRS guitar, a modelling amp and some reissue pedals to go along with my movie choice?

:p

• Members

Originally posted by digital

psst, someone asked me what an alternative movie was earlier in this thread.. that was my reply...

Psst...he asked you because you made a comment about how no one seems to watch alternative movies. It would make sense to choose an 'alternative movie' from this year, hey?

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Barnabyhuggins

Best: Serenity, Batman Begins

I'll have to agree. I watch a lot of the "weird" alternative movies on IFC and such, but nothing like that at the theatre. But the Batman movie in particular was excellent (I wonder if we all like it more since the other movies sucked so hard?), and Serenity should have gotten a better chance...

Archived