OT-Anyone own a newer Subaru?

dZjupp

• Members

I bought a 2005 Forester last fall and really like how it handled our never-ending winter. I drive about 35 miles each day and it was great. I get about 25-33 mpg depending on the amount of air conditioning I use or the distance I drive at any one time. I'm 6'2" and it fits me fine. It also holds a good deal, but forget about a sheet of plywood. Get a buddy with a pickup for that. Overall it's a great car that we'll have for a long time. *knock wood*

• Members

thanks guys, did you buy yours new or used, because i'm looking at the 1 year old models that have around 20, 000 give or take and they are around 18 grand. should i buy one of these or something new? haven't seen any closeout deals yet. it sounds like somehting i want, so i could fit an oversized 4x12?

• Members

I have a new Forester ('05). I got it for a shade under $20K, with all taxes and tags included. I got the lowest end model (I think it's the 2.5X). I thought about getting a used one, but there really wasn't that much of a price difference--or not enough to justify not getting a used one.

The 4x12 cab should fit, although I use a 2x12. There is plenty of room for gear once the seat is down.

The Forester is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. Period.

Archived