Which is better Boss or line 6 for effect processors?

fuzzball

• Members

comparing the pod xt live to the gt-8, generally the word on the street is that the gt-8 is better for effects.

i recently tried out the xt live and it was pretty good. I don't think you'd be *unhappy* with it, but perhaps the gt-8 would be better. I'm looking into the gt-8 right now and am probably going to buy one for school.

Alex

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a floor pedal soon, too. Anyone try the Digitech GNX3/4 or GNX3000? I don't really *need* the drum machine & pc connection abilities, but the stompbox modelling sounds cool. I need to get to a music store one of these days and try them all out side-by-side.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

i bought a gnx3000 (august 19th). i have been using an old rp-1 since it was new (1992). i have tried a lot of the pedals that came out for digitech since the rp-1 (rp-7, rp-100,rp-2000) and then finally bought a gnx3000.

i have fiddled with this pedal for almost a month and decided to take it back. its too harsh for me. too bright. and when i tried to change the EQ, it turned muddy.

also i dont think there is a completely clean guitar setting possible on this unit. it always has a tad of overdrive to it. it is great if you play a heavier rock style. but for the clean settings, it didnt do it for me.

i also dont use a humbucking guitar. i am solely a single coil fan. perhaps if you use humbuckers, that will make the gnx3000 more usable.

there is a hisssss that this pedal has that (in a recording atmosphere) would drive me nuts. seems like every rp pedal i've used other than the rp-1 has that hiss.

on the good side of the gnx3000....the tremelo, delay, reverb, chorus, wah, etc. ALL sound top notch.

too bad the amp simulation didnt do anything for me.

another note....i took the pedal back today (sept 14) to Guitar Center and they didnt squabble at all about the refund. so they held up to their 30/30 policy for satisfaction guarantee.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I have a Boss GT-6, and I am really happy with it. I have done some gigs with it and it's great. A friend of mine has the GT-8, and he said the only difference he found is the dual amp channels, but they're basically the same.

I don't really recommend you to buy Digitech, for me they're good too, but I trust in Boss, taking in consideration that they are metalic and not plastic, and for my music it suits perfectly.

• Members

Personally, for the cost of these big multi-effects units ($400 for the POD and $450 for the GT8), I'd buy a few specific individual pedals to get the sounds I'd actually use.

$450 will get you a nice little pedal board. And not just cheap stuff - good quality pedals.

I'd suggest that you look over what you'll really use and just get some pedals. Especially since you're looking for bass.

:thu:

• Members

I have a Boss GT-6, and I am really happy with it. I have done some gigs with it and it's great. A friend of mine has the GT-8, and he said the only difference he found is the dual amp channels, but they're basically the same.

I don't really recommend you to buy Digitech, for me they're good too, but I trust in Boss, taking in consideration that they are metalic and not plastic, and for my music it suits perfectly.

I'm wondering if the OP has waited over 2 years for this response :confused:

Archived