(HCEF JAM RETURNS!) It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you.

jcn37203

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I'm about to get to work here. plugging my {censored} in now.

I'm going to loop it for about 30 minutes first and get a feel for it.

I did that the other night.

Its weird how easy it is to "get", but its {censored}ing hard to play to.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by edgy_jones

I just sat down and messed around for a bit. You can use F harmonic minor over this or F minor. It works great. For the major people out there, make it G# major. I'll put a demo link below.

www.streamload.com/edgy_jones/demo-1.mp3

Yes that's right... my life is boring!!! I love these {censored}in musical projects!!

That playing doesn't suck. :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Is anybody else planning to submit?

If not, I'll finish it up this weekend.

If you were going to do an extension, how long would it be? I wouldn't be able to submit anything until monday or tuesday, and I haven't really recorded anything yet, so if you want to go ahead without me, giddyup. I've made a lot better progress on my short story.

• Members

{censored}, submit it Sunday. I'll work you in. There's a party going on at my place tomorrow, so I won't be getting anything done until then anyway.

Sweet. You get drunk and try not to fall down. I'll get drunk and try to bring the loop.

No puking. Mark, set, Go.

• Members

OK, heres the track.

If anyone wants to submit after this, fine, I'll add it on, but we're already up to 8 minutes.

I predict some griping about levels, because some guys are noticably louder than others. But I felt like some tracks just sound more appropriate being louder, so if you hate it, say something and I'll adjust it, or something.

I think everyone got synced up right. If not, lemme know.

The order:

Ivor
Hopeless Romantic
Edgy
ck3
Edgy again
Extremely Bored
Thelonius
Jeverist

I'll leave it up to the participants to describe their gear.

link

I know it cuts off suddenly at the end, but that's how the last clip ends. I didn't want to add anymore extraneous time, since it was already at 8 minutes plus.

• Members

My clip starts where it sounds like doom around 1:48. I used my Ibanez Artcore into my Fender Blender into a Sansamp Tri-AC into my soundcard. The Sansamp was set to a clean sound and the Blender was set to be pretty crazy. The higher part has the tone boost on. The really bassy guitar did not have the tone boost on.

Fairly straightforward. It lasts for 54ish seconds after it starts. I think everyone elses stuff sounds a lot cooler than mine. I wish I had more time to put into it. Good job guys!

If you want to be able to make your guitar sound like that the Blender is for sale in my sig! It is just a little too crazy for me. Everything will be going on ebay soon. As soon as I get the time...

• Members

Hmmmm.

What happens when you click the link?

It's a public server, so there aren't any restrictions.

I get a "cannot find server/dns error" page... when I mentioned firewall issues, I meant on my end ... I've been blocking lots of suspicious-looking SAVVIS/QWEST IP addresses as of late and wonder if one of them belongs to your webhosting provider.

• Members

Originally posted by ck3

I get a "cannot find server/dns error" page... when I mentioned firewall issues, I meant on my end ... I've been blocking lots of suspicious-looking SAVVIS/QWEST IP addresses as of late and wonder if one of them belongs to your webhosting provider.

*shrug*

I dunno.

I hate those personal firewall things. They always cause problems like that.

I just use an old ass DX4 with Smoothwall as a firewall and don't sweat it. If some jackhole wants to portscan my router fine.

• Members

If some jackhole wants to portscan my router fine.

:eek:

That sounds painful ... especially without lube.

Seriously, though ... is the device that you mentioned a hardware firewall? I've been meaning to get one for the last couple of weeks ... mainly because I'm growing weary of all the random IPs triggering my firewall's alert system ... and having to query ARIN every time I check my email because some IP in a netstat report looks suspicious.

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

:eek:

That sounds painful ... especially without lube.

Seriously, though ... is the device that you mentioned a hardware firewall? I've been meaning to get one for the last couple of weeks ... mainly because I'm growing weary of all the random IPs triggering my firewall's alert system ... and having to query ARIN every time I check my email because some IP in a netstat report looks suspicious.

Yeah.

It's not really a device though so much as its just a really old computer. 486 DX4, 100MHz. CD Rom, 2 network cards and as much ram as you can find. Cost me $20 in all.

Or you can go get one of those Linksys dealies.

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

It is hosted here now as well.

link

Muchas gracias, amigo ... it sounds :cool: ... strong work gents. I liked the variety of approaches. It was interesting to hear classic rock, funk, and jazz/fusion juxtaposed with experimental/noize ... and, of course, the plethora of EFFECTS put to use.

In retrospect ... I should have probably shredded more ... :o ... but the levels and syncing were perfect during my part. :)

I enter at 3:37 with the descending hurdy-gurdy-ish melody that farts out and then explodes into a wall of glitch major cacaphony ... only to revert back to the aforesaid figure and then become grindy and decimated.

All of these sounds were produced with a Schecter C-1 Elite guitar and just about every device in my rig ... I can answer questions about specific sounds if anyone has them. ;)

• Members

It all sounds pretty :cool: to me!
Nice one on the sync'ing/levels for my bit - perfect:) .
I run from about 5:26 - 6:18....
Rig:
Tele -> Fuzz Factory -> DMM -> TSL (Clean I think) lineout ( :( ) -> mixer -> soundcard. The dubbed noises are just me messing about with the FF stab and DMM delay time/feedback simultaneously + a little software panning;) .

Tis a rather cool jam overall:D !

Archived