(HCEF JAM RETURNS!) It's been a long time. I shouldn't have left you.

jcn37203

• Members

Without a dope beat to step to...

Step to

Step to

st step

step to.

Alright, you remember the good ol' days back when we used to actually make jams and {censored}?

Remember how cool that was?

Why did we stop?

I think last time we got a little anxious, set our sights a little too high, things got complicated. Yahoo groups were formed, and then we all realized that making songs is hard enough when you're in the same room with people.

So this one is simple, just jam on top of a track I'm about to link to.

link to.

link to.

li link to.

link to.

It's about 54 seconds long, so it's ample time to put your stank on it. I think you'll all like it.

Here are the rules.

1. If you must loop the backing track (meaning you insist on at least 2 minutes of solo time, and you are a greedy bastard), DO NOT ADD SPACE BETWEEN THE ITERATIONS.

2. If you don't know what that means, just don't loop the backing track and keep your {censored} concise.

3. If you are going to play glitchy, noisy, random type of noisy stuff, don't expect me to sync it right. If I can't tell by listening how it should sync, I am going to assume the file is exactly the right length to sync up automatically.

4. Please try to make your file exactly the right length so it syncs up automagically if I match it with the backing track.

5. Thelonius has to submit this time.

6. Submit a recording of your guitar only. Don't give me a track containing the backing track and your guitar (or whatever instrument you play). I'm the jam master, I control the levels.

7. No making fun of or laughing at other people's submissions. This is a jam, we're all cool dudes. The more the merrier.

8. Nobody gets left behind. There's plenty of free software out there, if you don't know how to do this, ask. Someone will help you. I want everyone who would like to participate to participate.

9. PM me a link to your submission, or PM me and ask for my email address so you can attach it and email it to me.

10. Keep this thread bumped.

I'd love to get submissions of keys, trumpets, tubas, accordions, slidewhistle, or anything else. I assume most will be submitting guitars, so this is your chance to stand out.

For any of you who are new here, or who took extended period of absence, you might not know whats going on, thats fine, ask questions here. These jams usually take a week or two to get going right, so don't be affraid it's too late.

And lastly, the backing track has three distinct parts. If you want to jam over just one of them, thats fine. I can do that.

And now...

The Track

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by innobidova

i wish i could make a track... would it be possible to plug directly into the computer with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter? and then use some free software and just upload from there?

I don't think that would work, unless you have some sort of interface.

• Members

Rad ... aside from the bit about not being able to submit a properly-synced mix for orientation purposes ... as some of us do get a wee bit glitchy at times. :o

I'll see what I can do this weekend. :)

You have done a great service to the forum, sir. :cool:

• Members

I've got a vocal for it....

It goes something like this:

Hey

I got something in my {censored}

I got something jammed in there

Something jammed in there

That you don't realize, you can't realize

Except if you're in there....

Hey

I got something in my toushy

I got something plopped in there

Something {censored}ing rammed in there

That is I didn't realize that it wasn't JCN,

I'd have probably killed his ass....DEAD....

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I've got a vocal for it....

It goes something like this:

Hey

I got something in my {censored}

I got something jammed in there

Something jammed in there

That you don't realize, you can't realize

Except if you're in there....

Hey

I got something in my toushy

I got something plopped in there

Something {censored}ing rammed in there

That is I didn't realize that it wasn't JCN,

I'd have probably killed his ass....DEAD....

Lay it down on a track, and we'll get it in the mix.

• Members

Originally posted by ck3

Rad ... aside from the bit about not being able to submit a properly-synced mix for orientation purposes ... as some of us
do
get a wee bit glitchy at times.
:o

I'll see what I can do this weekend.
:)

You have done a great service to the forum, sir.
:cool:

It's not that you can't submit a synced mix for reference, you can if you want, its just that I can't tell by listening to the reference mix how to sync, because the glitchy stuff is too random, there are no points of reference.

That said, please feel free to submit glitchy madness.

:)

• Members

What does everyone think of the backing track? It literally took me about 5 minutes in Sony Acid to make it, and most of that time was spent just trying to match the bass lines I liked with drum tracks.

The drums are from a collection called SuperLooops, which can be found on ebay. The bass lines I found by searching for Acid loops on Soulseek. I have a bunch of them from the same person (whoever it is) just these cool ass upright bass lines. I love 'em.

Archived