Anyone else heard the new Radiohead tune?

• Members

Here's my theory. They're all married now. And I think all of them have kids, too. They're a bit older than me, but most of them are about at the same stage of been-married-for-a-bit and now have a toddler that I am. So I feel qualified to sort of understand how they might feel.

I just think they're probably tired. I mean, being a dad is the most rewarding, amazing thing on earth, but many nights it leaves you feeling like you've just played twenty games of fullcourt basketball. And that can hurt your creativity in the sense that you just don't have the energy to do it; you might still have the mental ideas and creativity and all, but the act of doing something about it just seems too much work.

How's that for displacement (or whatever a shrink would call what I just did)?

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Here's my theory. They're all married now. And I think all of them have kids, too. They're a bit older than me, but most of them are about at the same stage of been-married-for-a-bit and now have a toddler that I am. So I feel qualified to sort of understand how they might feel.

I just think they're probably tired. I mean, being a dad is the most rewarding, amazing thing on earth, but many nights it leaves you feeling like you've just played twenty games of fullcourt basketball. And that can hurt your creativity in the sense that you just don't have the energy to do it; you might still have the mental ideas and creativity and all, but the act of doing something about it just seems too much work.

How's that for displacement (or whatever a shrink would call what I just did)?

To me, that song was so insipid I actually got very annoyed listening to it. You can forgive Oasis being {censored} because they are artisans. Radiohead though, I always deemed as being ultra-creative. It becomes even more annoying to hear such dross from a band you know can be absoloutley amazing.

That songs seems like one long nuance. Theres nothing in it that is any way dynamic. Maybe they intended that, but that doesn't mean its listenable.

I think Thom et al should get their head out of their arses and play some {censored}ing tunes.

• Members
Originally posted by Teahead

It doesn't seem quite as focused as the slower songs on HTTT to me, I think the songs on there are much better, but then I also happen to think it's their second best album.

As much as I love Radiohead, on third listen it's pretty much...meh.
:(

HTTT is their second worst in my eyes:o

• Members

Got the song too...

Its a charity song that was recorded in a VERY VERY VERY short space of time...

Its obviously just a throw away song Thom thought could be used for a good cause.. You wernt expecting Paranoid Android Mk2 where ya!?!?!

I like the song, calm, jazzy... Reminds me of a smokey jazz bar set in the 1920s

:)

Oh and Blaghaus! OASIS ARE NOT {censored}!!! THEY ARE GETTING BETTER!!! THE NEW ALBUM IS ONLY SECOND TO DEF MAYBE!!!

:mad::)

• Members
Originally posted by Kid_A

Got the song too...

Its a charity song that was recorded in a VERY VERY VERY short space of time...

Its obviously just a throw away song Thom thought could be used for a good cause.. You wernt expecting Paranoid Android Mk2 where ya!?!?!

I like the song, calm, jazzy... Reminds me of a smokey jazz bar set in the 1920s

:)

Oh and Blaghaus! OASIS ARE NOT {censored}!!! THEY ARE GETTING BETTER!!! THE NEW ALBUM IS ONLY SECOND TO DEF MAYBE!!!

:mad::)

I think you need to get the ears seen to darren, must have had too much exposure to LOUD NOISES!!

• Members

i recently converted to HTTF. it was seeing them do the songs in concert a few years ago that convinced me i didn't really like the new record...turns out i was wrong.

Kid A/Amnesiac (it's one album, folks. on this we can, and must, agree.)
OK Computer
Hail to the Theif
The Bends
Pablo redheadedstepchild.

Archived