Hey EH Microsynth users, give me some feedback.

loosegroove

• Members

When I went back to the East Coast to visit, my buddy had one of these things. The dude had purchased 3 new pedals on a whim, and didn't know how to use any of them. So in the very limited time I tinkered with the pedal, all I could get out of it was fuzzy bass octave tones, and occasional feedback. How the hell do you get the cool synth tones like I have heard on clips? Just curious because I didn't have much time to play around with it, and have always been interested in these things.

• Members

Make the start and stop frequencies far apart from one another, Put the leftmost slider almost all the way up, but not quite. Like 9 out of 10. Put resonance around 9 or 10. The rate slider will change the amount of time the sweep takes, so if its all the way down you have to hold the note out for a while to really hear the effect.

The other sliders you can play with to change the sound how ever you want.

THat should get you started.

• Members

If you want to do that automatic filtering stuff, you need to have a difference between the start filter and stop filter, not keep them at the same position. You can set one all the way up, and the other all the way down, to test. Then, set the speed that it goes from the start to the stop at somewhere in the middle. Then, play around with the trigger or sensitivity slider (I can't remmember the names off the top of my head) until it sounds like it's triggering properly. Blend in square wave and such to taste.

• Members

some microsynth settings for you

MiniMoog/ARP, w/ filter

Trig: 10

Sub-Octave: 7

Guitar: 5

Octave: 6

Sq. Wave: 2.5

Att. Delay: 0

Resonance: 8.5

Start Freq.: 8.5

End Freq.: 2

Rate: 5

Throaty Moog

Sub-Octave: 5.5

Octave: 5

Sq. Wave: 4

Resonance: 8.5

Start Freq.: 6

End Freq.: 1.5

Rate: 3.5

Organ Sweep

Sub-Octave: 6

Octave: 6

Sq. Wave: 3.5

Resonance: 9

Start Freq.: 5

End Freq.: 6

Rate: 5.5

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

some of the patches on the Digitech Synth Wah and Boss SYB's are clearly modelled after the MS.

Really? I almost always overlooked those boxes because I thought of them more as envelope filter/auto wahs, and I am looking for cool synthy tones; not to sound like like Jerry Garcia or funky wah-esque stuff. It's not something I would use often, which is why I can't justify paying that much. Plus those things are HUGE. So the Digitech or Boss can get me in this realm?

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

they can do SOME of the stuff the MS can do, certainly not all. f'r'instance you won't be able to do any real-time filter sweeps w/ either, which is probably my fave thing about the real-deal MS.

Yeah, of course it is only SOME. Like I said, I'm only talking about just getting into the "realm" of the MS. Hmmmm....as cool as real-time filter sweeps would be, I think I could do without. I just want to be able to get some basic synth tones. So I guess those boxes could work?

• Members

Originally posted by loosegroove

Yeah, of course it is only SOME. Like I said, I'm only talking about just getting into "realm" of the MS. Hmmmm....as cool as real-time filter sweeps would be, I think I could do without. I just want to be able to get some basic synth tones. So I guess those boxes could work?

i reckon.

Archived