Phillips or flat tip screwdrivers?

jcn37203

• Members

for pedals and so on virtually everything is phillips

on a motorbike, i dunno, everything on a mountain bike is allen keys (or hex keys if you prefer) so motorbikes may use those
best bet would be to buy a kit with a range of types/sizes, then you at least have them around when you need, even if you usually stick to a couple

if you are building yourself, torx is a great idea though, with mountain bikes ta least, i have heard of entrepreneuring theives nicking some of the parts off a locked bike for selling on, and as allen keys are the standard they can get off with a set of them, torx is pretty rare so a lot safer

David

• Members

I know a good screw, it runs straight in the hole, bottoms out and forms a tight bond between the mating surfaces. When screwing in a slot, one can slip out by accident. Sometimes resulting in damage to neighboring areas and or the tool being used. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I know a good screw, it runs straight in the hole, bottoms out and forms a tight bond between the mating surfaces. When screwing in a slot, one can slip out by accident. Sometimes resulting in damage to neighboring areas and or the tool being used.
;)

not to mention {censored} farts

• Members

Robertson head. Robertsons are my favourite, they don't strip as easy (and when they do, you can usually use a starhead to get it out), and they are so much easier to get startedkeep in.

That or AVSAFE, now that's what I call a screw (bolt I suppose), flat-topped, chromed, and if you don't have the specialized driver, you can't insert or take one out. Very nice for finishing screw I think, they leave a nice clean look, that or if you don't want some punk ass removing that screw, well, they'd have to own the rather obscure driver to get it off.

• Members

"worst 'thread' ever" should also be a choice in the poll as well

get it.... 'thread'

this horrible pun was brought to you by brian marshalls alter ego. Any similarities to one of your bad jokes is purely coincidental. Brian's alter ego willl not he held liable for any coffee spilt on your lap while reading the joke or disclaimer. Member FCID Equal opportunity jizz bizkit monkey wrench bon jovi stab me with a fork

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Just get a screwdriver that is both a phillips and a flathead.

Too complex. Reminds me of this guy who wanted a nice distortion sound, so he bought a 2000 dollar rack. He uses exactly 3 buttons on the thing.

Archived