The Donnas

blaghaus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Hey now, you're talking about one of my fav bands.
:cool:
Which album did you listen to? I'll admit their latest is not my favorite but I think these girls play three chord rock like how it's supposed to sound. "Spend the night" and "Get skintight" are my favorite releases.

Its like a very VERY unfunny Darkness without the vocal histrionics to make you giggle.

:confused:

• Members

I like em.....I think "Spend the Night" has one of the best guitar tones I have heard in quite sometime......

I will say their punkish stuff and some of their stuff is godawful....they are very hit or miss from cd to cd and even song to song....but the good stuff is crunchy, fat & full sounding....

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I never gave them a listen until I heard them in a bar. I turned to my buddy and asked him if it was 4 guys playing that stuff would they be on the radio?

He agreed with me. No way. They probably couldn't even make a living as a bar band.

Sure they could, and they would be called JET

• Members

I constantly find it funny how whenever someone says something like "I'd do them all", it always includes a form of "even the big one". :D

Imagine how that big one must feel...
"They'd do my whole band... even ME!" :(:D

And for the record, pre-Creatures o/t Night-KISS rules and so do the Darkness. The Hawkins bros can actually play and have great tone. m/. :mad: .m/

• Members
Originally posted by jgyn

I saw The Donnas a couple years ago. I thought they were real good. Especially the drummer, who had a little swing feel to her thrash...

You rule. Yep, I dig her too. She is a little firecracker behind the kit and is fun to watch. She's since had surgery on her wrist due to what was described as "improper technique" and she's had to "re-learn" how to drum correctly.

You gotta like a cute little drummer chick who abuses a cowbell. :cool:

Archived