Tonebone Classic users!

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

It's absolutely worth it. Either Tonebone will be like adding an extra channel to your amp. The Hot British is very Marshally sounding, like the best cranked/modded JCM 800's. The Classic to my ears sounds kinda Mesa Boogieish...warm, creamy, and sustainy like Santana.

hmm..I'd expect more votes for the hot british given that information.

• Members

I found the Hot British to be amusingly gainy. I enjoyed mine for a week or so before it went on eBay.

It's one of those things that sound great until your ears get used to it enough to start hearing the bees, ya know?

I'm currently enjoying the simplicity of the Carl Martin Plexitone (there's very little inside that box, perhaps it's why it sounds less fake than the Tonebones), but it's not what I'd consider a full on shred-gain pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by isiah

hows the Tonebone compared to the V-Twin?

I was using the V-twin mostly for its clean tube sound (clean channel). It when into high gain too abruptly for me to use the Blues and Lead channels. My BadCat 2-Tone seemed to do exactly what the V-Twin was trying to do but better. I sold the V-Twin and kept the BadCat (at a 100 dollar profit I might add)

On the subject of drive, The Tonebone sounds a lot like the V-Twin when you get into high gain territory, but the Tonebone has way more tone shaping capabilities and a smoother "just breaking up" tone when you turn the drive down.

Archived