Funny Beck/Scientology quote

Filterbank

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

'

Is that from that show on Spike where they modify trucks and {censored}?

I've watched it a few times, that chick is so hot when she puts on the welders outfit and carves a Jeep frame into a dune buggy.

i think it's kelly ripa or whatever.

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

Actually, Hangwire, if you're interested, I can hook you up with a CD-R recording of Half-Baked Serenade, if you don't have it already.

Also out of print. Their first album.

Also have Subliminal Plastic Motives and Breakfast With Girls.

In exchange for a CD-R of Gizmodgery.

The band doesn't care if you trade bootlegs of out of print records. Even the label is out of business.

BTW, how'd you hear about them?

you have PM

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I love it when Christians point out the flaws of Islam to me. Telling me all of the ridiculous things they believe. "thos e {censored}ing terrorists think they're going to get virgins when they die!!! What a bunch of moronic assholes!!"

"uhh..you believe your savior came from a virgin and your churches have big statues of a dude being executed. That's creepy"

Everyone misses the point and thinks I'm bagging their religion, but really I'm just pointing out that no one's really in a position to talk about the non sense of another when it comes to religion.

I'm an agnostic but was raised Catholic so I have a little passing familiarity with Christianity.

I can appreciate where you are coming from but the relativistic/comparative reasoning does have serious limits.

Consider all those equally silly core mystical religious beliefs and then evaluate them in terms of the societies and cultures they ultimately helped form.

It doesn't take a history major to see that the judeo/christian mythos wins hands down. Alot of people don't like to hear this but look around the globe and consider, for better or worse, what is the dominant culture - especially in the objective fields of science and technology, much less subjective areas such as liberty and the arts.

Islam had their heydey, about a thousand years ago, but are now stuck somewhere in the middle ages.

Scientology, well, they are a little new to the scene so we don't have alot of data points for comparison, but since when is newer always better anyway?

I say, go ahead and laugh at the new gods, if we are lucky they will prove us wrong.

• Members

I think if you combine all the people in India and all the people in China, you have a whoooooooooooole lotta non-Christians.

Originally posted by ThomasD

I'm an agnostic but was raised Catholic so I have a little passing familiarity with Christianity.

I can appreciate where you are coming from but the relativistic/comparative reasoning does have serious limits.

Consider all those equally silly core mystical religious beliefs and then evaluate them in terms of the societies and cultures they ultimately helped form.

It doesn't take a history major to see that the judeo/christian mythos wins hands down. Alot of people don't like to hear this but look around the globe and consider, for better or worse, what is the dominant culture - especially in the objective fields of science and technology, much less subjective areas such as liberty and the arts.

Islam had their heydey, about a thousand years ago, but are now stuck somewhere in the middle ages.

Scientology, well, they are a little new to the scene so we don't have alot of data points for comparison, but since when is newer always better anyway?

I say, go ahead and laugh at the new gods, if we are lucky they will prove us wrong.

Archived