Funny Beck/Scientology quote

Filterbank

• Members

This is from a review of the Stones show I was at on Monday. I cracked up when I read this:

"No matter how charming and brilliant Beck was when he opened for the Rolling Stones Monday night, I couldn't help thinking, "Beck thinks I'm full of dead alien souls." Scientology's a drag that way."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a huge beck fan , but that whole scientology sh1t has really ruined it for me , it's just tainted now.

I even spent a bit of time trying to find out how someone could go for scientology , man what a load o' sh1te.

how could any inteligent man/woman got for that ...

same for that pr1ck Cruise n' Travolta.

• Members

Originally posted by Filterbank

He probably woulda heard me, I was sitting 3rd row when he was on. Strange that not that many Stones fans were interested in hearing Beck.

Was that in the skydome, or as I call it, the worst place in the world to listen to music.

• Members

Funny we find scientology so absurd, considering the stuff people believe from Revelations and old testament stuff.

I'm not saying anything is untrue, just that when you strip it down to bare facts, it's not hard to mock anything.

I personally don't give two pigs tits what he thinks, as long as he continues to bring the funk.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Funny we find scientology so absurd, considering the stuff people believe from Revelations and old testament stuff.

I'm not saying anything is untrue, just that when you strip it down to bare facts, it's not hard to mock anything.

I personally don't give two pigs tits what he thinks, as long as he continues to bring the funk.

I love it when Christians point out the flaws of Islam to me. Telling me all of the ridiculous things they believe. "thos e {censored}ing terrorists think they're going to get virgins when they die!!! What a bunch of moronic assholes!!"

"uhh..you believe your savior came from a virgin and your churches have big statues of a dude being executed. That's creepy"

Everyone misses the point and thinks I'm bagging their religion, but really I'm just pointing out that no one's really in a position to talk about the non sense of another when it comes to religion.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I love it when Christians point out the flaws of Islam to me. Telling me all of the ridiculous things they believe.

"uhh..you believe your savior came from a virgin and your churches have big statues of a dude being executed. That's creepy"

Everyone misses the point and thinks I'm bagging their religion, but really I'm just pointing out that no one's really in a position to talk about the non sense of another when it comes to religion.

Yeah, I remember my mom talking to a friend about how silly the concept of reincarnation is.

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

I love it when Christians point out the flaws of Islam to me. Telling me all of the ridiculous things they believe. "thos e {censored}ing terrorists think they're going to get virgins when they die!!! What a bunch of moronic assholes!!"

You can always point stuff like that out to christians with one sentence

'you eat your saviour'

• Members

+1.

christianity is just as absurd to me as scientology. Possibly even more.

• Members

BTW, I saw Beck once, and it was an awesome show.

Also, supposedly Matt Mahaffey is playing synth or keys or something for Beck on this tour. He's a bit of a hometown celebrity, and the main member of one of my favorite unknown bands, Self. There are some awesome songs you can download from that site, I suggest spending a few minutes checking them out.

Especially the 'Trunk Fulla Amps' video.

• Members

For the record, I do find scientology weird and silly. I'm not even sure it's technically a religion. I just don't really care.

I see it as sort of like a pyrimid scheme in which celebrities and the wealthy market their own self importance to each other.

• Members

For the record, I do find scientology weird and silly. I'm not even sure it's technically a religion. I just don't really care.

I see it as sort of like a pyrimid scheme in which celebrities and the wealthy market their own self importance to each other.

All religions are silly. Just that the ones that rule the world are scary as well.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

Its not a joke. Communion is the body of christ in the eyes of Catholics. Its a bit weird, no?

So if catholic says, 'them
are nuts' just say to them, 'they don't eat
'

Don't think it's just Catholics. At least symbolically, the wine/grape juice is the body, the wafer is the flesh.

• Members

Don't think it's just Catholics. At least symbolically, the wine/grape juice is the body, the wafer is the flesh.

I once had one of those cookies at church. I assumed it would taste like meat, being Jesus and all, but I was surprised when I put it in my mouth.

I stood up and shouted that Jesus tasted like cardboard! They didn't like that... :(

• Members

Communion is only symbolic though. The wine (blood) and bread (flesh) is just a symbol of cleansing and renewal. I personally think the whole communion thing is obnoxious in church ... I'm not catholic but protestant. Either place being the same, although catholics believe that the wine and bread actually convert to real blood and flesh . I don't know if some of you know that the Hebrew culture is based on symbolism in religion. Us westerners take things too literally.

My point, religions can be obnoxious. One day it wont matter anymore and we'll all know.

• Members

Originally posted by mycoal

Communion is only symbolic though. The wine (blood) and bread (flesh) is just a symbol of cleansing and renewal. I personally think the whole communion thing is obnoxious in church ... I'm not catholic but protestant. Either place being the same, although catholics believe that the wine and bread actually convert to real blood and flesh . I don't know if some of you know that the Hebrew culture is based on symbolism in religion. Us westerners take things too literally.

My point, religions can be obnoxious. One day it wont matter anymore and we'll all know.

According to a massively large brilliant thread from pontiusplaymate a few months back, most people don't distinguish between eating real human flesh and eating manufactured human flesh, the act of eating what represents human flesh is synonomous with cannibalism.

Archived