Anyone heard of Real McCoy Wahs?

whpprsnpprr

• Members

I went to a local music store and asked the owner his advice on the best Wah pedal and he recommended a Real McCoy. They're handmade and pretty expensive but I'd never heard of them. It turns out his shop has a deal with Real McCoy so I think he was just pumping his product. Has anyone heard of these or played them?

Any info would help!

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

• Members

Teese's Real Mccoy Wah's are really highly regarded, so your local store wasn't just making it up. They are highly recommended from a lot of users.

The RMCs that I tried though, weren't for me. It really all depends if you hear what like, rather than how much hype a product has. The RMC would be a great place to start though. You really wouldn't have any problems selling if you find later that you really want a different sound.

• Members
Originally posted by whpprsnpprr

I went to a local music store and asked the owner his advice on the best Wah pedal and he recommended a Real McCoy. They're handmade and pretty expensive but I'd never heard of them. It turns out his shop has a deal with Real McCoy so I think he was just pumping his product. Has anyone heard of these or played them?

Any info would help!

http://www.realmccoycustom.com/

Dude, it's THE {censored}!!!!!!!!!!!

eyes_011.gif

• Members

Hey wah heads,

RMC (Real McCoy) wah pedals by Geoffrey Teese is one of the best wah pedals on the market along with the Fulltone Clyde. If you're going to get an RMC wah, RMC3 or Picture wah is my choice. Other people like the Wheels of Fire, the RMC1 or 2, and Wizard wah pedal. Lots of great choices and Geoffrey's customer service is one of the best I've seen.

Guitar George

• Members

I was going to look into the Wizard just because it seems better suited for humbuckers but who knows I haven't played any of them yet lol

Depends on what gear you've got, what kind of sound you're after, etc... My Picture is a great match with humbuckers.

• Members

Originally posted by AbbeSauniere

Depends on what gear you've got, what kind of sound you're after, etc... My Picture is a great match with humbuckers.

Well I'm playing Epiphone Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan 59s in the bridge (can't remember whats in the necks) going into a Sovtek Mig100h with the overdrive fairly maxed out. I have a dunlop Crybaby Classic but I'm lookiing to see/hear what else is out there in the world of wahs...

Theres a store near my house that seems to have a deal with RealMcCoys but he doesn't have any in his store right now...you can order them through his website but you can order them directly too so I'm not sure what the point is lol. Basically I wish I could actually play all of them before buying one

• Members

I was going to look into the Wizard just because it seems better suited for humbuckers but who knows I haven't played any of them yet lol

of the real mcCoy wahs the only one better suited for single coils is the Rmc1 (I emailed Geoffry about that).

Archived