good pedalboard adhesive material?

cavemanic

• Members

hey there

in the past I have had a big aluminium sheet with bits of vecro stuck in the spots where I used the pedals...but I have seen people use carpet and then the rough velcro on there pedals to keep them in one spot....I am hoping to do something like that so I can be more flexible with the pedal placement....any tips?:confused:

• Members

another question about this topic, what is a better solution than velcro?

my pedal case is carpeted with velcro, and i have velcro on my pedals, but moving the case to is really pain cause the pedals will not stick, and after unpackig the case i have to place all the pedals again :(

especially the big and heavy ones (e.g. wah, echo park and pedalpower 2)

• Members

Originally posted by t_e_l_e

another question about this topic, what is a better solution than velcro?

my pedal case is carpeted with velcro, and i have velcro on my pedals, but moving the case to is really pain cause the pedals will not stick, and after unpackig the case i have to place all the pedals again
:(
especially the big and heavy ones (e.g. wah, echo park and pedalpower 2)

this was my old board and the velcro stuck very well but I need something more flexible as the new setup will be totally different (and I have gone rack for my main setup)

mypedal2.jpg

• Members

I just started using industrial strength velcro on my standard Rondo pedal board (carpeted).

The velcro sticks very well to the board, but comes unglued from the pedals. The DOD pedals with the ridged rubber on the bottom are the worst (very little contact), but most of the bosses peeled off too (only make contact around the edges.

What does everyone to do fight the velcro from coming un-stuck? I'm think hot glue to fill in the ridges on the DODs, but not sure about the rest.

• Members

Originally posted by hoerni

I just started using industrial strength velcro on my standard Rondo pedal board (carpeted).

The velcro sticks very well to the board, but comes unglued from the pedals. The DOD pedals with the ridged rubber on the bottom are the worst (very little contact), but most of the bosses peeled off too (only make contact around the edges.

What does everyone to do fight the velcro from coming un-stuck? I'm think hot glue to fill in the ridges on the DODs, but not sure about the rest.

I use this velcro sticky strips that comes in roll's that you can get at auto places......its near impossible to pull off! so that might be good for you

I still it down the centre of the boss pedals

the big thing I want to know is what sort of carpet you use?

• Members

Originally posted by cavemanic

I use this velcro sticky strips that comes in roll's that you can get at auto places......its near impossible to pull off! so that might be good for you

I still it down the centre of the boss pedals

the big thing I want to know is what sort of carpet you use?

Yeah, that sounds like the same stuff. The velcro is very hard to get off, but the glue comes up easy.

I didn't stick it to the center of the boss cause I was hoping not to destroy the label in case I want to sell a pedal later.

I'm not sure what the carpet is, it came with the pedal board (I have a couple of these )

Archived