spacestation alert

rydia is hot

• Members

that is ridiculously incsane that those things are going for that much. they are some of the lowest quality pedals i've ever been around, sure there are like 3 usable sounds in the SS, but that whole line of XP just sucks ass. eats your tone and breaks really easily. i just can't believe somone would spend over 50 bucks on one.

• Members

Originally posted by MoreGuitars

I bought the space station mod version that has the RP-100. 200,300, 400 in it. I think the XP-300 is far and away the best of the 4. I payed $235 for all of them.

so you got the modded one with all 4 roms in it?

how do you like it/where did you get it from?

• Members

Originally posted by dZjupp

that is ridiculously incsane that those things are going for that much. they are some of the lowest quality pedals i've ever been around, sure there are like 3 usable sounds in the SS, but that whole line of XP just sucks ass. eats your tone and breaks really easily. i just can't believe somone would spend over 50 bucks on one.

Do you have one? Have you played one? It's got some good sounds. I guess I feel the same about people paying a lot of of money for some of the other booteek pedals.

Mine is very useful....

• Members

Originally posted by MoreGuitars

Do you have one? Have you played one? It's got some good sounds. I guess I feel the same about people paying a lot of of money for some of the other booteek pedals.

Mine is very useful....

oh i wholeheartedly agree the SS has great sounds, maybe one or two out of each of the set of patches, but the quality of the actual pedal is just horrible. i unfortunately and STUPIDLY bought the reverb (XP400 i think) instead, this was years ago, man i knoew i should have got that SS. anyway the XP400 crapped out the day i took it home, after that everything stopped working on it eventually.

• Members

Originally posted by best.album.ever

so you got the modded one with all 4 roms in it?

how do you like it/where did you get it from?

There is a guy on the guitargeek forums who does it. He's a standup guy. His ebay name is "Jetpack66" on ebay. He puts them on from time to time, and he will also mod your exsisting XP pedal.

He piggybacks the eproms of all the models and you get a really versatile pedal. If you are interested pm me and I can give you his email.

• Members

Originally posted by dZjupp

oh i wholeheartedly agree the SS has great sounds, maybe one or two out of each of the set of patches, but the quality of the actual pedal is just horrible. i unfortunately and STUPIDLY bought the reverb (XP400 i think) instead, this was years ago, man i knoew i should have got that SS. anyway the XP400 crapped out the day i took it home, after that everything stopped working on it eventually.

I'm really not that thrilled with the other models, but they will do. I do like the way you can boost the signal though. It works great on Single Coil pickups.

The space station has about a dozen useful sounds for me. I like the strings and some of the the synth sounds. Some I would never use, but I also am a guitar synth user, and believe me I have more useless sounds on those too! :D

With guys paying $400 for a tubescreamer, $300 for a fuzz factory, I think these are in the ball park. YMMV.

Archived