tell me about the reel echo

amanonfire

• Members

im thinking of trading in my dd-5 for something more fun. i use my delay moderately. mostly i just have a load of fun twisting the knobs and making noise.

what can you tell me about the reel echo, is it stereo, is it cheesy, is it usable, what do they go for used,

tell me everything.

• Members

Originally posted by amanonfire

im thinking of trading in my dd-5 for something more fun. i use my delay moderately. mostly i just have a load of fun twisting the knobs and making noise.

what can you tell me about the reel echo, is it stereo, is it cheesy, is it usable, what do they go for used,

tell me everything.

I tried one at while ago and thought it was totally useless. Very weak sound, nothing interesting at all. When I get an effects pedal, I want the most extreme setting to knock me on my ass, and then be able to back off from there. Get an FX96, they's pretty cheap and a whole lof fun when you twist the knobs. Roland RDD-10 is pretty fun too and fairly cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by doug deeper

the sound on sound button is really cool when used with a spacy almost oscillating sound. but it glitches out when you change the delay time...in a not interesting way.

Yeah bout my experience with the beast. Glitches sound better in a feedback loop.

• Members

Mr. Onfire, you can't chase one now, I call dibs on any and all Reel Echos in the greater Indy area. :p

I actally go intrested in one last time I saw Bigger Than Elvis at Radio Radio. Danny Thompson was using one with his Gatton Tele (Barden equipped) and victoria amp. I have much respect for Danny, so my intrest has been piqued since then. I just haven't found one to try on my own.

• Members
Originally posted by Backstepper

Mr. Onfire, you can't chase one now, I call dibs on any and all Reel Echos in the greater Indy area.
:p

I actally go intrested in one last time I saw Bigger Than Elvis at Radio Radio. Danny Thompson was using one with his Gatton Tele (Barden equipped) and victoria amp. I have much respect for Danny, so my intrest has been piqued since then. I just haven't found one to try on my own.

wow, that sounds like a nice setup.

you can have dibs for now. im still scraping up money for the vintage electric mistress i found...

Archived