other people's music.

kooki_sf

• Members

Vladislav Delay _ Demo(n) Tracks.

Stephan Mathieu/Ekkehard Ehlers _ Heroin+Remixes.

Christian Fennesz _ Live in Japan/Headz10.

Deadbeat _ something borrowed, something blue.

Mika Vainio _ Kantamoinen.

Autechre _ Draft7.30

Skipsapiens _ eco

Dntel _ Life is full of possibilities.

Oren Ambarchi _ Grapes from the Estate.

Tape/Operette _ opera remixes

Terre Thaemlitz _ soil

Warmdesk _ Guero Variations.

Gustavo Lamas _ Desatanudos.

Pete Namlook/Richie hawtin _ From Within 1/2/3

Rythm and Sound _ (any recording will do)

etc., etc., etc.

Now that I think about it. That would make a very good mix. I think in that order.

• Members

Nightsynth writes some cool stuff, I like pighood's tunes a lot to, even though spooky ambient isnt what I normally listen to.

Other than that, Im usually listening to di.fm or friskyradio's progressive channels.

• Members

The only "new" thing I discovered in synth music is Apoptygma Berzerk's newest album, You And Me Against The World, which is essentially a rock album, with lots of keys. Last I remember, Apop was an entirely electronic band.. When did this happen???

Besides that, I've been listening to a lot of EBM lately. Very little of it is new, just stuff that I've more rediscovered, thanks to my GF who, strangely, I got her into this stuff years ago. Ironic, huh?

• Members

Originally posted by pizzamon

You getting off on monolakes _ signal to noise stikygum?

Actually haven't heard that one. Is it good? I've been going with the Momentum album. I can't remember what song it was, but they had a really cool one where there was a bunch of chopped up vocal sounds. Nice and funky but still ambient.

BTW, EBM is getting a little overplayed. It can be body moving, that is when I walk into a club. But listening to that on the radio makes me switch on some of my own cds.

Who am I kinding there is a lot of stuff out there being overdone. I can tell I have that early 90s Rave music and late 90s Progressive music stuck in me.

You guys ever heard of Dismantled? A little dark at times, but poppy. Talked to Mr.Zon at show one time and he seems very genuine and passionate about his music. And if you like industrial, there is the king of the newcomers (well, late 90s till now at least). That is: I, Parasite . Freakin does it well!

Dismantled

• Members

Originally posted by stikygum

Actually haven't heard that one. Is it good? I've been going with the Momentum album. I can't remember what song it was, but they had a really cool one where there was a bunch of chopped up vocal sounds. Nice and funky but still ambient.

BTW, EBM is getting a little overplayed. It can be body moving, that is when I walk into a club. But listening to that on the radio makes me switch on some of my own cds.

Who am I kinding there is a lot of stuff out there being overdone. I can tell I have that early 90s Rave music and late 90s Progressive music stuck in me.

You guys ever heard of Dismantled? A little dark at times, but poppy. Talked to Mr.Zon at show one time and he seems very genuine and passionate about his music. And if you like industrial, there is the king of the newcomers (well, late 90s till now at least). That is: I, Parasite . Freakin does it well!

dismantled is great stuff, ive been trying to get people in NYC into them for a few years now, yet there first show here wasnt as big as it should have been, my girlfriend and i then followed them up to ithica for a four hour car drive and got to hang out with a bunch of them for the night... unfortunatly it looks like gary is moving onto doing aerodrone as he can make a living off that and honestly i dont think that many people got the sarcasm he was going for in the last album... personally 'post nuclear' is one of my favorite all time album...

you should check out psyclon nine if you havnt already, i.parasite is pretty damned good, i just got to meet billian a few months ago from there...

i love the industrial genre's and i am really happy that people are starting to get away from the whole boy band thing...

personally i cant stop listening to MSI right now... kinda so damned cheesy that its just brilliant, its virtually a guilty pleasure these days...

• Members

Originally posted by stikygum

Ya, that's what made me get out of the stuff to begin with, about 3-4 years ago... But when I was last with my GF, she got me back into the stuff. I still dig VNV Nation, Apoptygma and Covenant. Oh, and of course Front 242.

Archived