Murf Vs. Ooh Wah

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

How easily does the Murf do the ooh wah thing? I know I've heard that the murf can do everything the ooh wah can, but how easy exactly is it to set up like that? I keep trying to look at the knobs and stuff like that when I see big pictures of them, but without being able to play one at all, it really makes no sense to me... I've been after an ooh wah for a long time now, so that would be the main thing I'd want out of it, but the extras (and a stock tap tempo) could be a cool bonus...

• Members

I have the MuRF and the OohWah, and the MuRF pretty much covers it, but it is not as easy to work with (mind you, the ooh wah is also a tweak sensitive pedal), and the MuRF is not really suited to do the 4 step wah, the Oohwah simply lets you choose between a 4, 6 or 8 step wah, with the MuRF it will take some finetuning to obtain a 4 step ooh-wahish sound

• Members

i have a point to make.

if, for example, and i'm not saying that anyone would want to do this, but if, on occasion, you wanted to put a murf in your front pants pocket, you'd end up in the emergency room for trying.

i'm just saying. 8^P

but i love Bob! even though he's already dead enough to be smelly!

• Members

and the Ooh Wah has these mesmerizing row of LEDs which can become tantalizing when put in random mode, and of course nothing can do the random mode like the ooh wah, I don't think it is possible to get the random 8 step ooh-wah sounds with a MuRF, you can however manipulate the steps (I think MuRF has 24 steps) and emit certain steps from the pattern and get that wobbly random stepped effect, but it's just not the same deal, and finally, I have 3 Moogerfoogers and I really like em, even though they color my sound quite a bit, so to say, the Oohwah makes a better guitar pedalboard companion.

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

long live Cyril !
cyril.jpg

Cyril Lance has joined Moog Music as Senior Engineer to head Product Development. Bob had personally selected Cyril to carry out his vision of creating timeless electronic musical instruments.
Most recently, Cyril worked on custom research experiments for Duke University, which included audio frequency circuits similar to those used by Moog. A great deal of Cyril

• Members

Originally posted by guitarcapo

I just ordered a Moog Phaser instead of the vintage Mutron Phaser I was considering buying on Ebay. Hope I made the right choice.

I have the MF 12 stage phaser, it's great, you'll love it, it does everything a phaser is supposed to do (except if you want the "jetplane" phaser sounds (like for instance the Ibanez Jetlyzer), instead you get a versatile phaser (especially when used with expression pedals) that can do really slow sweeps (like a minute long) and goes all the way up to octaver, ringmod like sounds ...

if you're really attached to your amp/guitar sound, you'll find the buffer on the MF pedals quite annoying at first, it adds a bit of high, and the drive and level controls dramatically change your sound, even when the effect is off, the MF can even add a smooth overdrive if the drive is maxed, I also have issues with powering my MF pedals, the walmart that came with my pedals tend to produce bad contacts with the jacks on the pedals.

The Mutron undoubtedly is another fine phaser, probably warmer sounding, with all the vintage mojo, but the MF probably has more sounds to offer

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

i have a point to make.

if, for example, and i'm not saying that anyone would want to do this, but if, on occasion, you wanted to put a murf in your front pants pocket, you'd end up in the emergency room for trying.

i'm just saying. 8^P

Hello most tasteless/funny/controversial post I've seen all day!
:wave:

PS. I want a Cusack modded seek wah. That will still fit in the front pant pockets and only cause mild to medium levels of discomfort.

PPS. I noticed your pretty new painter girl left a post that blatantly flirted with yours truly. Clearly I've still GOT IT.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

How easily does the Murf do the ooh wah thing? I know I've heard that the murf can do everything the ooh wah can, but how easy exactly is it to set up like that? I keep trying to look at the knobs and stuff like that when I see big pictures of them, but without being able to play one at all, it really makes no sense to me... I've been after an ooh wah for a long time now, so that would be the main thing I'd want out of it, but the extras (and a stock tap tempo) could be a cool bonus...

Don't buy the MuRF to do OOh Wah sounds. The two pedals are only similar in that they both can step through 8 filters. The OOh Wah's 8 filters each have the same frequency sweep. The MuRF steps through 8 different frequencies. These two pedals are distinctly different effects. The OOh Wah does great wah variations and the MuRf does many fascinating filter sweeps.

• Members

Originally posted by StompboxMan

Don't buy the MuRF to do OOh Wah sounds. The two pedals are only similar in that they both can step through 8 filters. The OOh Wah's 8 filters each have the same frequency sweep. The MuRF steps through 8 different frequencies. These two pedals are distinctly different effects. The OOh Wah does great wah variations and the MuRf does many fascinating filter sweeps.

word.

Archived