DL4 expression pedal... Useful?

Kriegsemann

• Members

Essentially, you can set up two very different "versions" of the same delay model (which is the one thing you can't alter)- you save one setting with the expression pedal in the "heel down" position, then rock it forward, make your adjustments to any parameters (other than the delay model) and save it again.

This means that as long as you stick within the limitations, you can have six saved sounds instead of three, or you can control feedback, delay time etc. The pedal does not go through a range of values from one setting to the other, so you can't use it as a continuous controller (like a wah wah).

One problem is that you can get "spaceship" noises as the delay time adjusts when using the pedal.

• Members

I was thinking about getting one for a long time, and finally got one a while ago. Used it 3 times and got fed up with it. The thing is, I use the tap function a lot. Which means that when you change the preset by tapping and then use the expression pedal, it automatically goes back to the old tempo that it was set to.

If I change the tempo and want to add more feedback for example, I don't want the tempo to change also... That's the main reason I'm not using it anymore..

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by preservation

i just bought 2 bespeco volume pedals

as my line 6 one broke under my foot & i'm planning to have another DL4 before too long.

$45 shipped for 2 exp. pedals is A-OK !
:)

hey were you get that deal from , i've been going crazy trying to find some cheap 2 bespeco's, as i need one for a regular volume and one for my ps3.

I already have one for the dl4 and its great , makes it versitile .. quick question , what is the max seconds on these delays , on the dl4 ? just seems dd20 is so much longer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

i use it mostly in looping mode, so i can fade out the loop at any time with my foot, just by pressing the toe down.

How do you set this up in Loop mode? From the manual it seems that you've gotta save it with the switches, which in loop mode function differently. But I could've swarn I've seen people use the expression pedal in loopmode...

• Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

i use it mostly in looping mode, so i can fade out the loop at any time with my foot, just by pressing the toe down.

I also have it so i can have two settings within each delay effect:

short delay > long delay w/modulation

reverse delay with 10% wet > 100% wet

etc...

Thanks for the loop fade tip. :thu:

I've mainly been using the expression pedal with the analog echo, with the heel down in a nice usable echo,and the toe down set for oscillation madness.:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

Thinking of getting a DL4. Is the expression even worth it?

I find the expression pedal invaluable. Without it, the DL-4 would just not be worth the pedalboard space. Every preset has a heel/toe expression setting that's factory set. The three user presets become that much more controllable with the expression pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by Tweeker50

I find the expression pedal invaluable. Without it, the DL-4 would just not be worth the pedalboard space. Every preset has a heel/toe expression setting that's factory set. The three user presets become that much more controllable with the expression pedal.

huh?

so, in addition to your presets, each mode has its factory-determined useage of the EXP pedal?

so each of the 16 modes has a useage assigned plus your user presets?

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

well that's neat.
:)
i still think they need to add manual mode and more presets.
:mad:

What do you mean by manual mode? Creating your own delay Models?

I wish it had the memory to store created loops,that you could recall later,like the Boss Loop Station. But the Loop Sample still is my favorite part of the DL-4.

• Members

Originally posted by Gearhunter

What do you mean by manual mode? Creating your own delay Models?

I wish it had the memory to store created loops,that you could recall later,like the Boss Loop Station. But the Loop Sample still is my favorite part of the DL-4.

manual mode is where you can turn the knobs turn the effect off without it automatically returning to a preset when it's turned on again. every damn digibox does this except the line 6. :mad:

Archived