OT - Portable CD player / boombox with AUX IN?

chadomac

• Members

I hope to soon be joining the corporate world. That means sitting at a cube staring at a computer screen. But I can listen to tunes there.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a somewhat cheap but decent stereo or radio that had an aux in. my whole plan is to bring the ipod and just plug it into the stereo.

anyone have any links to some suggestions? i figured some of you may do this at your jobs. i'm looking for something under $100, more like 50 if possible... that sounds halfway decent and more importantly has that AUX IN. it seems like the auxilary input is somewhat rare for portable stereos.

• Members

The PC at your desk will have a line in. Put down $50-100 on some speakers and you should be good to go.

It's actually weird where I work, because everyone has all this stuff on their desk. Radio, CD player, clock, calendar, etc.

I've got all the same stuff, it's just all in my computer. So my desk it pretty bare.

• Members

There are tons of boomboxes that can dock ipods in them. You could go that route. Radio Shack also has these cool little speakers that you can drop an ipod in and plug in a cable to the ipod's headphone jack., $30, $20 on sale. They don't sound as good as the $150 units you can actually dock your ipod to, but they sound pretty darn good for $30.

J

Archived