Line 6 Roto-Machine

atrox

• Members

For some reason my first post got deleted. (maybe because MF doesn't have em in yet) ;)

Picked this up from The House of Guitars in Rochester today. They just got them in.

I've been apprehensive about gettng Line 6 products for a long time. I just havent liked a thing I have tried form them amp-wise. And therfor just kept them out of my mind.

The idea of a good Leslie sim in a single pedal sized package intrigued me though. I have a small board and didn't want a double pedal like all the other sims are.

Well, I must say. This thing kicks! Very authentic sound and feel. I was jammin "Any Colour You Like" today for hours.. lol. The dual tap thing for switching between slow and fast works great. A pulsating light shows the speed setting you are on even when the pedal is bypassed, So you can switch real quick to fast or slow before you turn the pedal on. All the settings sound great and authentic. The ramp settings are fun.

Great pedal and you can't beat the price or size IMO. {censored}er is heavy too. I have a feeling I'll be using this lil guy a lot.

• Members

hmm ... i am thinking bout a leslie sim too but was leading more toward the dano rocky road pedal. leslie is not an effect a use all the time and the dano is piss cheap but sounds really good (with the necessary mod done). did you compare the two? i only can judge the two pedals by internet soundclips and thought the dano was even better sounding.

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

very cool. wtf is up with the piss trickle of a supply Line 6 seems to have going on.

{censored} them! You heard me vettaville.
:wave:

Since English is not my native language, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Could you be more precise and explain in a different way so I could react to something.

Thanks

• Members

A very cool effect Jeorge was able to give me at the Arlington show! This thing really rocks. I have the H&K, and several other that are in that vein....this one would be the one I'd take to practice or heaven forbid I get a chance to play live again this year....it's going out on stage!
Great job Line 6!!!
rk

• Members

Originally posted by RossCompress

A very cool effect Jeorge was able to give me at the Arlington show! This thing really rocks. I have the H&K, and several other that are in that vein....this one would be the one I'd take to practice or heaven forbid I get a chance to play live again this year....it's going out on stage!

Great job Line 6!!!

rk

Yes. I will actually be using it next weekend for a few shows:)

Now I'm just waiting for my Keeley SD-1 that I just sent in to get modded and my EH Small stone that will get delivered today. My Effect "GAS" is cured.... for now.

I take that back... I really need a good echo sim.

• Members

Originally posted by kerb

translates to:

It seems Line6 are having supply problems. What is going on?

Well, this thing just came out. They just had a hard time keeping their original shipping date which was early october sometime. The place I got mine from only got them in Tuesday night.

• Members

The whole waiting game for the new ToneCore's sucks ass. I can't understand how a major company is having such a hard time getting these things out.

And what is up with pulling the rest of the ToneCore's from GC?

It would be nice if someone could shed light on this whole thing.

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

man, waitng for these to show up sucks.. i can't wait to try it out!

Yeah, the place I got it from is one of the top rated independantly owned guitar resellers, so they tend to get things quicker than many other places.. including GC/MF. They only got 3 in though, so supply is limited. Luckily, i used to be in a band with one of teh major guys there, so he set one aside and cut me a deal too. :)

• Members

Originally posted by fakeplastic

atrox- Does the HOG have the verbzilla in stock yet?

They have a bunch, but they are all in the stock room by the register, so i didn't get a good look. i think The Roto-Machine is the only new new one they got in.

As far as the switches go, I think I know what you mean. They take a bit of force to switch and I feel like they wanna break everytime I slide one. they obviously work fine though. Just a sub-conscience thing

• Members
Originally posted by atrox

Yeah, the place I got it from is one of the top rated independantly owned guitar resellers, so they tend to get things quicker than many other places.. including GC/MF. They only got 3 in though, so supply is limited. Luckily, i used to be in a band with one of teh major guys there, so he set one aside and cut me a deal too.
:)

sweet dude, i love the house of guitars, (i'm originally from rochester) that place makes me feel faint everytime i go in...
awesome

• Members

Well, this thing just came out. They just had a hard time keeping their original shipping date which was early october sometime. The place I got mine from only got them in Tuesday night.

As far as I know, they kept their promise fairly well, as they released them all on the first days of october.

Actually a few days later I saw some here at a local store. (Holland that is)

• Members
Originally posted by Vettaville.nl

As far as I know, they kept their promise fairly well, as they released them all on the first days of october.

Actually a few days later I saw some here at a local store. (Holland that is)

That's great if you live in Holland. They have been talking about them here in the US forever now and they are nowhere in sight. What is holding them up? And why are they pulling the old lineup (minus the EP and UM) from GC's? :idea:

• Members

Finally got to play this pedal on my rig. Wow! The sound surrounds you. Sounded great on both my Marshall and my Classic 50. This thing really shines on a slightly broken up clean sound. The pedal itself has a drive knob that simulates that sound and it does a good job, but it doesnt hold a candle to the real thing.

This guy will be on my board for life!

Oh.. it definitely needs it's own power supply. It is NOISY when daisychained. It eats batteries too. Guess I need to either upgrade my GodLyke to a Voodoo Labs or just get a Line 6 adapter.

• Members

Originally posted by RossCompress

Great job Line 6!!!

rk

How does it compare to the H&K Rotosphere?

• Members
Originally posted by Vettaville.nl

Since English is not my native language, I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Could you be more precise and explain in a different way so I could react to something.

Thanks

Ha! sorry.

Um..yeah, what kerb said. They're holding out on us. Surely in this day and age a corporate bohemoth (look it up :D) can organise a launch date where all the stores have their stock on the floor.

I want to get a Roto and a verbzilla (despite silly name) but they're making it hard. If there was going to be such a wait, why do all the hype? My GAS slips away by the day, and it gets closer to the launch of your competition's pedals and their grip on my hard earned cash gets tighter and my disdain for Line 6 grows, where this was an opportunity for them to be a brand I'd buy.

Maybe they can sort me out with an endorsement.

• Members

Yeah, the place I got it from is one of the top rated independantly owned guitar resellers, so they tend to get things quicker than many other places.. including GC/MF. They only got 3 in though, so supply is limited. Luckily, i used to be in a band with one of teh major guys there, so he set one aside and cut me a deal too.
:)

did you notice if they had any verbzillas?

• Members

Originally posted by us2bslim

How does it compare to the H&K Rotosphere?

I'm curous aout how it compares myself...anyone?

Great price and the clips seem great. How is the pedal's construction? Is that just a cheap sticker on the top with that woodgrain or something better?

Archived