here is a preliminary mix of a montag and bernie franks collaboration

Montag

• Members

he hasnt gotten back to me on how much he hates what i did with it yet, but im itching for somebody other than me and my girlfriend to hear it, so here it is.

bernie franks did all the drums and keys and stuff, i added guitar loops and did a little production.

this is just what i did with it. it may and likely change.

Puddle of Tranquility (yousendit link)

edit: here is bernie's hard-to-improve-upon original.

• Members

I love the drum beat. It sounds like some odd time signature.

My overall impression is this...

The whole song sounds like a perfect VERSE. Now it needs a bridge and REALLY ROCKING CHORUS (with guitars) to bring it out into commercial territory. Oh yeah; and of course vocals. Whenever I hear a slow, repetative song like this, I always imagine a dynamic, loud rock-guitar chorus blasting in. That's what I do. I'm a pretty good arranger and improver-upon of other people's ideas.

Nice production values.

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

The whole song sounds like a perfect VERSE. Now it needs a bridge and REALLY ROCKING CHORUS (with guitars) to bring it out into commercial territory. Oh yeah; and of course vocals. Whenever I hear a slow, repetative song like this, I always imagine a dynamic, loud rock-guitar chorus blasting in. That's what I do. I'm a pretty good arranger and improver-upon of other people's ideas.

Nice production values.

from what i gathered, the time sig is 7/4

im not sure if bernie wants to add a chorus or whatever, but im really into stuff like this as is

thank you for listening and commenting:)

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

Nice production values.

Thanks for the input.

While I would agree with some more parts in some of my other projects, this song is going on a sort of ambient album, so it's pretty much completely void of the verse-chorus-verse kind of music. Some may say it's largely void of music. :o

And my music is mostly instrumental, save for one song about me being a centipede. And that's pretty much spoken word.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

That's real nice, Dr. Montag. Real nice. Nice like a pretty girl's smile on a mountaintop in the springtime.

EDIT: Sorry, Dr. Franks. Half that prettiness is all your fault. You get the big ups, too.

thanks, on behalf of both of us.:)

im gonna upload the original for comparison's sake, methinks.

Archived