Quantum Leap

SorrowAblaze

• Members

It was one of those shows you talked about the next day in school.

The worst ones were the crappy ones set in the fifties dealing with some kind of social issue of the day.

But the one with the devil in it, and the evil leaper episodes, and the Trilogy episodes kicked arse.

Oh yeah, and whenever he leaped into a woman, that never got old.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by theobserver

how's the end? I always thought it is a cool show, but i think i miss the end..

+1

I can't remember for the life of my how it ended.

devi-

• Members

My memory is also a little hazy, but I think the bar is also full of people from his previous leaps.

I can't remember is they're supposed to be fellow leapers, or if maybe the bar is the limbo the displaced people go to when their bodies are taken over by Sam, or other leapers.

Also, the episode where Sam leaps in to the... was it a police officer? Anyways, he meets Al's wife during the time when Al was a POW in Vietnam.

Al's wife gave up on him while he was a POW and re-married. Which {censored}ed Al up pretty bad when he got back, which is why he buried himself in high tech science stuff and got involved with the QL project.

So Sam had the opportunity to encourage her to hold on and wait for him. Which, of course would create a paradox and possibly strand Sam forever, if he convinced her to wait for Al, he may not ever get involved w/ the Quantum Leap project.

See, this is the kind of {censored} they don't put on TV anymore.

:(

Best {censored}ing TV show. I'm pretty sure that was actually the last television show I ever cared about watching. I can't remember if Tour of Duty was after QL or not. But there hasn't been anything comparable since.

Guest Anonymous

I was just reading up on it, and it seems the series finale was actually supposed to just be a season finale, but they had to re-write it...

... supposedly Sam finds out that everything up to that point had been training for some kind of more intense leaping or some such... but yeah...

It's been so long... what was the reason for the leaps in the first place?

devi-

• Members

Originally posted by Devi Ever

I was just reading up on it, and it seems the series finale was actually supposed to just be a season finale, but they had to re-write it...

... supposedly Sam finds out that everything up to that point had been training for some kind of more intense leaping or some such... but yeah...

It's been so long... what was the reason for the leaps in the first place?

devi-

It was a mistake in a time travel experiment. He got stuck. Every leap thereafter was an attempt to leap him back in to his body in his time. The odds, obviously, were always stacked against him.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by jcn37203

It was a mistake in a time travel experiment. He got stuck. Every leap thereafter was an attempt to leap him back in to his body in his time. The odds, obviously, were always stacked against him.

Daaaaaang.

What a {censored}ed up concept for a TV series.

devi-

• Members

Originally posted by Devi Ever

Daaaaaang.

What a {censored}ed up concept for a TV series.

devi-

Yeah but it had so many silly climaxes that you forgot the science (or lack thereof) behind it.

Like the one where he has to win a pool game, and Al helps him out by providing laser guidance, but it craps out on the winning shot. Or the one where he leaps into a blind man, and towards the end he is actually blinded by a camera flash. Genius.

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

Yeah but it had so many silly climaxes that you forgot the science (or lack thereof) behind it.

Like the one where he has to win a pool game, and Al helps him out by providing laser guidance, but it craps out on the winning shot. Or the one where he leaps into a blind man, and towards the end he is actually blinded by a camera flash. Genius.

I always loved the {censored}ed up way every episode ended.

Like, he'd finish the mission and warp right in to a concert pianist as he hits the last chord of a show and the crowd starts demanding an encore.

How will he deal with it!? He can't play piano! What will he do?!

Archived