Danelectro Fab pedals or Behringer?

• Members

for fuzzbox's sake, the wonderful quote from Keith Barr (president & cofounder of MXR, founder of Alesis) regarding the invention of the Phase 90, "....i sat down and figured out how i could make the absolute cheapest phase shifter possible."

so, with that script phase 90 in mind, good -- no, {censored}ing GREAT for Dano & Behringer. go get 'em all. some folks have no issues with the price of their gear, as long as it does what it is supposed to do (in front of large paying audiences).

• Members
Originally posted by L6Sguy

for fuzzbox's sake, the wonderful quote from Keith Barr (president & cofounder of MXR, founder of Alesis) regarding the invention of the Phase 90, "....i sat down and figured out how i could make the absolute cheapest phase shifter possible."

so, with that script phase 90 in mind, good -- no, {censored}ing
GREAT
for Dano & Behringer. go get 'em all.
no issues with the price of their gear, as long as it does what it is supposed to do (in front of large paying audiences).

for my sake:confused: no need to. I know what to avoid and what not to. Behringer will never make anything new or innovating, just plain ripoffs, but at lesser quality. Like I said, good if you're flat broke but otherwise a pointless buy!

• Members

Originally posted by fuzzbox

Behringer will never make anything new or innovating, just plain ripoffs, but at lesser quality.

The B control stuff doesn't look like a ripoff and the rotary encoders on the V amp were a great innovation that addresses a serious shortcoming on the POD.

for my sake:confused: no need to. I know what to avoid and what not to. Behringer will never make anything new or innovating, just plain ripoffs, but at lesser quality. Like I said, good if you're flat broke but otherwise a pointless buy!

According to your gear clips, you used a rat pedal; how was that an innovative non-ripoff of a DS-1?

• Members
Originally posted by grob-bucket

The B control stuff doesn't look like a ripoff and the rotary encoders on the V amp were a great innovation that addresses a serious shortcoming on the POD.

Rotary effect is hardly a Behringer invention just because it's not available on a POD!

• Members

Originally posted by TheDarxide

According to your gear clips, you used a rat pedal; how was that an innovative non-ripoff of a DS-1?

1 the rat was before the ds1

2 they are so not similar sounding (rat=fat/warm - ds1=stiff/cold)

3 the clip was a modified rat (i don't use it and was to help someone getting a Santana tone without a cranked MK1)

4 if you wanna hear cheap gear listen to the "Angus medley". That was recorded with a Smokey cigarrette pack amp miked with a sm58 using a $125 squire strat:D

1 the rat was before the ds1

2 they are so not similar sounding (rat=fat/warm - ds1=stiff/cold)

3 the clip was a modified rat and

4 if you wanna hear cheap gear listen to the "Angus medley". That was recorded with a Smokey cigarrette pack amp miked with a sm58 using a $125 squire strat:D

I thought the Rat was '80s and the DS-1 was '70s?

• Members

Can't say I've seen the Behringers around yet, although if they're half decent, then the Acoustic DI and Octaver have my name on them.

I've got a FAB Distortion- it can sound a little brittle with some amps- it likes my Laney SS amp, which is quite dark, Marshall-y and "british" sounding, but my H||H and my Twin, both very bright amps, bring out a papery edge to the sound. You can dial it out though, with a little tomfoolery on the pedal's tone control.

It's quite selective about guitars too- it sounds quite bland with my Tele, doesn't like my Jazzmaster at all, but works brilliantly with my Squier Strat.

The FAB is VERY reactive to your guitar tone- I played a whole set with my Strat through the FAB -> Wasabi Delay -> H||H at church recently (about an hour's music at least) with the pedal on, riding my Strat's volume for drive levels.

I tried the FAB last night with my new Valve Junior, and the jury is still out- same sort of problems- it doesn't quite sound "real", just a little too thin. That said, the Valve Junior is quite a "rude" amp, and sounds pleasantly rough and ratty. I don't think this does the FAB any favours. It's also the only amp I've tried so far that actually makes my DS-1 sound good, so it might finally see some action!

• Members

Rotary effect is hardly a Behringer invention just because it's not available on a POD!

I was referring to the illuminated rotary encoders that display their true position when changing patches.

A great idea which I have only ever seen on Behringers V-amp and B-control products.

Originally posted by english_bob

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

20 miles south of Milton Keynes. Work in Buckingham.

Don't think the MK sound control has any, but i haven't been for a while. I mailed ordered from GAK, I've been meaning to get more but the couriers are arse, and GAK won't ship to work...

Archived