Do you use exotic picks?

jcn37203

• Members
Originally posted by yaz75

If they last forever than WHERE ARE THE ONES YOU
USED
TO PLAY HMMMMMMMMM?????????

Well, if he's like me, there are some in the clothes dryer, some in the change jar, some on the couch, a couple in my wallet, some in the pocket of the pants I wore to the last show, a few in my guitar case, some I will never find, some my other guitarist stole, some on the practice room floor under my amp...etc.
:)

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

If they last forever than WHERE ARE THE ONES YOU
USED
TO PLAY HMMMMMMMMM?????????

someone gave me one when I lived in Seattle but I've never seen them in stores. It lasted my for 6 months before it finally cracked, and at the time I was playing bass in a band, i.e. a lot. I just got 24 on ebay, that may well last me a lifetime.

JH is a guitarist.

okay for guitar=solos, lots of effects

okay for bass=solid state amps, big triangular picks

• Members

I use the Dava control picks in Nylon.

And the Jim Dunlop Hotlicks (bottom of the page) Copper picks.

I really would like to try out one of those damned Squid picks or what ever the hell they are called though.

As well I use fender thins for my acuostic, and for more of an acoustic sound on my electrics, and Dunlop .88mm green tortexs as well.

• Members

I use a 1976 bicentennial Susan B. Anthony dollar. It has a higher zinc to nickel ratio than your standard post-silver standard coin, which really helps give an efferverscent bite to alnico-magnet single coil pickups. The contour formed by Susan's cranial ridge mimics Da Vinci's golden ratio and provides an ideal picking surface for palm muting and pinch harmonics.

• Members

I use the blue herdim pics with the grippies on them, played upside down so the grippies are on the strings...especially for chimey stuff it gets that "ching" sound much like the Edge. Actually same pics and thats how i got into them. Either that or the green or purple tortex pics though both are kinda stiff and sharp. I'm used to a very slight rounded pic after playing the herdims upside down.

• Members
Originally posted by Zooey

I use a 1976 bicentennial Susan B. Anthony dollar. It has a higher zinc to nickel ratio than your standard post-silver standard coin, which really helps give an efferverscent bite to alnico-magnet single coil pickups. The contour formed by Susan's cranial ridge mimics Da Vinci's golden ratio and provides an ideal picking surface for palm muting and pinch harmonics.

Damn and they tell me to put down the pipe :D

Archived