OT - My 1st RIC - Owners Post Yer Ric Pics!

• Members

Found an 83 360-12 dead mint down the street this afternoon. I swear to God it looks as though it's never been played. Never cared much for the 6 string Ric's - don't know why - just didn't, don't maybe there's something wrong with me. :confused:

The twelve string threw me - and

:eek:

:o

Here's a Pic of the Ric I found (stolen from the internet). You Ric owners - post up pics of yours. Tell me the good the bad and the ugly. However - if possible - make me feel good about my purchase. :thu:

the jingle jangle morning will come following you..take me for a trip upon your magic swirling ship...all my senses have been stripped..and my boot heels will be wandering... :cool:

• Members

Gorgeous.

I don't know where my pics are but I have a 330/6 in jetglo.

I used to abuse it live. I used it on a tune that had a mid-section breakdown/abuse section where I'd pummel it. Doesn't get used so much these days. great to have around, sometimes you need Ric sound but it's soooo distinctive that you can't use it on everything (I could use a start or Tele for everything almost if I had to).

The string spacing seems smaller than most guitars (moreso on the 12 st) but that makes it really good for arpeggios rather than lead lines.

A special part of the guitarsenal.

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Found an 83 360-12 dead mint down the street this afternoon. I swear to God it looks as though it's never been played. Never cared much for the 6 string Ric's - don't know why - just didn't, don't maybe there's something wrong with me.
:confused:

The twelve string threw me - and

Here's a Pic of the Ric I found (stolen from the internet). You Ric owners - post up pics of yours. Tell me the good the bad and the ugly. However - if possible - make me feel good about my purchase.
:thu:

the jingle jangle morning will come following you..take me for a trip upon your magic swirling ship...all my senses have been stripped..and my boot heels will be wandering...
:cool:

Cool.

...and when you tire of that guitar, you can trade it to me for a raft load of pedals :D

• Members
Originally posted by elcastigo

I have a fireglo 360/6 w/ vintage pups. The small tone control is quite cool (adds a bass boost). It may take some getting used to - you may not like playing it at first due to the lacquered fretboard and neck profile.

Must go...

I like the neck. It's beefy like a Les Paul (I have large hands). I ran it out to two amps in the store (old Fender Bassman silverface and a Fender DeVille 4x10 running clean) and there was THE RIC TONE! :eek:

Made me feel nostalgic and sad that life and things got so {censored}ing complicated all at the same time. And happy to hear THAT tone that only a Ric can give. Any guitar that could evoke that kind of emotions out of me today had to go home.

All I know is it was a shame -a cryin shame - to leave this in a closet for 22 years. Good gear needs to be played - or sell it and pass it on. It was a consignment piece and I paid $1500 for it. A bit steep (for what I truly wanted to spend on one of these) but the dead mint condition and the sheer weight of this one - probably one of THE heaviest guitars I've hefted - made me want her bad. :o

• Members
Originally posted by MrMunky

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/EternRic.mp3

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/OldSkool.mp3

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/JangleRic.mp3

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/PBack.mp3

I said goddamn! THANK YOU for posting those. Are there any clips you don't have? :eek:

You get Rev's 3 Snaps Up! :thu: :thu: :thu:

:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

it's an '05 CIJ '66 reissue Jazzmaster I bought from Ishibashi... don't have it anymore but it was a fantastic guitar. beauty eh?
:)

Yes it was... :(

I'm glad I didn't take pictures of all the guitars I've ever owned. I'm sure I've forgotten some by now that would just make me sad all over again... :cry:

• Members

WHOA! Someone's verry serious about their bass rig!

I'm so Ric-ignorant I didn't even know they made them in that color.

Well, I kinda dropped the guitar (except for my acoustic) and decided to dedicate 100% to bass. I was going back and forth too much and wasnt happy with my progress in either one.

Bass playing has gotten significantly better now that is my only instrument.

• Members

Yes it was...
:(

I'm glad I didn't take pictures of all the guitars I've ever owned. I'm sure I've forgotten some by now that would just make me sad all over again...
:cry:

i was sad from the day i sold it until last week when i brought home my new original '66 - now i'm pretty happy

i haven't had many guitars... maybe twelve, that's a lot to me but not so many that i can't remember them. you must have had a ton of guitars :eek:

Archived