I forgot how good this was..... #2

blaghaus

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Kid_A

Stunning album... Its one of my favourites...

The mood is sooo dark, and each member of the band at the time wasnt talking to eacother, they would just go into the studio at different times and lay down stuff...

:cool:

I've just put Protection on. amazing.

• Members
Originally posted by Weatherbox

hah, yeah. good times, they were. that was one of those "girl comin' over tonight..." albums in college.

I still can't listen to that album without remembering a certain woman and a very long evening!
Good times!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

No, you were right at first, you're too old.

So this is like Portishead right? Real art-fag, sonic noise type {censored} right? Because I just listened to Group Four and now I'm on Inertia Creeps and it's all just random guano to me.

• Members

Originally posted by yaz75

So this is like Portishead right? Real art-fag, sonic noise type {censored} right? Because I just listened to Group Four and now I'm on Inertia Creeps and it's all just random guano to me.

A couple of the same folks as Portishead, even. I wouldn't sweat it.

And to be honest, even though I could get into Portishead, I never dug Massive Attack. It should have been on my list of things I should like but don't. I think it's me.

• Members

I can understand disliking something, but I've never heard random noise arrange itself into a rhythm.

:confused:

But, I mean, I like it, so it's good. The fact that you dislike it just proves how wrong you are.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by Weatherbox

just hold tight... the bluesy slide solos kick in pretty soon, right after the "alllllllriight!"

Damn you sir! I'm not looking for any bluesy solos, just something that sounds good. The longer Ilisten to this album, the harder it is for me to differentiate when one 'song' ends and the next 'song' starts.

Oh I get it, this is like when you guys post all the obscure {censored} you can find to see who's the most 'informed' music afficionado.

Gotcha.

Now on Dissolved Girl, still blows donkey but I'm trying.

• Members

dude, you, kestral and jrak are slowly becoming known as "The Big Three."

• Members

Damn you sir! I'm not looking for any bluesy solos, just something that sounds good. The longer Ilisten to this album, the harder it is for me to differentiate when one 'song' ends and the next 'song' starts.

Oh I get it, this is like when you guys post all the obscure {censored} you can find to see who's the most 'informed' music afficionado.

Gotcha.

Just out of curiosity, what's "good" music to you?

Just a few examples.

And I'm not going to turn them on you and tell you they suck, I don't care. Just curious.

• Members

The longer Ilisten to this album, the harder it is for me to differentiate when one 'song' ends and the next 'song' starts.

well, they DID have radio hits, at least in the UK and EU...

as for differentiation...it's supposed to be soundtracky/spacey/wallpapery. think of it as krautrock but with a computer.

• Members

Gotcha.

I's just kiddin' with ya. I'm actually not terribly fond of that album - there were some remixes of it that I actually liked a lot more than what's on there. I can definitely see where you're coming from. I liked Portishead a lot more, really, as well as the solo efforts of some of the people involved in Massive Attack records.

Archived