The 2005 Looper's Survey ...begins... NOW!

UncleDig

• Members

I've found a simple way to allow respondents to include any devices that they use that are not listed, so I've decided to go ahead and start this thing...

LET THE SURVEY BEGIN.

http://loopsurvey.uncledig.com

It should be fairly self explanatory, and there is a preamble that might answer any questions. Then again, maybe not - so if you have a problem or a question, feel free to email me privately.

I'll provide some intermediate statistics after a few weeks, and will leave the survey open for a couple of months. Last time we had almost 100 respondents. That was only people on the Looper's Delight mailing list, so perhaps we'll have a bigger population this time around.

There's a link to my blog once you finish the survey. It's new and kinda ragged at this point (and still no sound clips - I slack!), but you are invited to come take a look around if you have a few extra minutes of click time. jcn occasionally posts there - does that make it HCFX worthy? :D

Please come by and let yourself be counted.

Uncledig.gif

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I entered my info earlier. The survey was very well set up. You're pretty schmart UncleDig.

Aww shucks :wave:

Beyond just publishing the statistics from the results, I also plan to use them to get a ranked list of loopers for my next project - which is a (fairly) comprehensive comparison of important features across the most popular loopers. My head hurts already. I'll let you guys know when I start and maybe I can get a little help...:freak:

Loop on, biatches!

• Members
Originally posted by UncleDig

Sunday evening bump.

So far, we have 24 respondents from HCFX (28% of the total). If you do any looping, please come by and do the survey. It only takes a minute.

http://loopsurvey.uncledig.com/

i can vouch for that cuz i make up 1/24th of the HCFX voting public. didn't hurt a bit!

and honestyl, i didn't know there were so many loopers. many only do short SOS delay loops but still...
well compiled! :)

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i can vouch for that cuz i make up 1/24th of the HCFX voting public. didn't hurt a bit!

and honestyl, i didn't know there were so many loopers. many only do short SOS delay loops but still...

well compiled!
:)

Thanks :) It's nice to appreciated for something around here! I swear I'm going to get my recording situation worked out and start doing clips in the next couple of months.

I'm a slacker, but I'm so damned good at it. :bor:

I'm looking forward to getting some good data and publishing some results and analysis. I already see some interesting stuff going on - more on that later. It'll also help me narrow down which units to focus on for a comprehensive comparison of loopers.

• Members
Originally posted by Devi Ever

Yeah... um... you are missing the following :

Digitech PDS 20/20

Cool Edit (Adobe Audition)

Fruity Loops

Roland Space Echo

devi-

There's a selection for the PDS series from Digitech, and a selection for Tape Echo devices.

You can write in Cool Edit and Fruity Loops if you're using them.

edit: aha :) I see you already did. I'll modify your answer to put the PDS and Space Echo info into the right categories.

Thanks devi!!

• Members
Originally posted by fridgebuzz

Hey UncleDig, I was doing the survey when I accidentally hit enter, and I hadn't yet completed the whole thing and now it won't let me do it again.

Email me at uncledig@uncledig.com, and give me your answers there - I'll update your record. Let me know your answers for what you managed to get in, so I can figure out which record to update :D

• Members

BUMP.

So far I have 144 responses, with 46 of them from HCFX members.

If you do any looping, please come by and take the survey. Just takes a minute, it's anonymous, one page, quick and easy. No spam or popups or anything like that.

I'll probably shut it down in a week or two, and start calculating stats after that, so don't go uncounted.

Dig

• Members
Originally posted by covertmusic724

that was so easy it almost left me unfulfilled

Maybe I should put a quiz in front of it that you have to pass before you respond :D

Don't worry - when I close it down in a couple of weeks, I'm going to publish stats and probably an Excel pivot table, so you can fulfill thyself by digesting the results.

If that doesn't help, we could always have a spelling bee?

Archived