Yes!/Scored a Blue 32 voice Q/Hope it's legit

droolmaster0

• Members

Originally posted by Array

I really dont think I would sell it for any reasonable price. Maybe for a fully decked out Omega 8, but even then I would REALLLY have to sleep on it.

Figured...well, I was thinking about buying a sunsyn in a week or so, with some $ coming in from various sales, but there is an empty space in my keyboard rack now, and damn - would I like one of those. Whenever one bubbles up on ebay I'm broke....

hmmm - I vaguely recall hearing that there were some new ones for sale in Germany - but the shipping is probably prohibitive, and there will probably be foreign duties...that's if there are any left.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by droolmaster0

Figured...well, I was thinking about buying a sunsyn in a week or so, with some $ coming in from various sales, but there is an empty space in my keyboard rack now, and damn - would I like one of those. Whenever one bubbles up on ebay I'm broke....

hmmm - I vaguely recall hearing that there were some new ones for sale in Germany - but the shipping is probably prohibitive, and there will probably be foreign duties...that's if there are any left.

http://www.thomann.de/de/waldorf_q_analogsynthesizer.htm

Not a bad price.

• Members

The Q+ is still listed on their product page, so you could probably score one if you got in touch with them personally. It's notoriously difficult to get them to respond to you right now tho, they must be pretty busy over there. If you write them, try using the separate sales email.

• Members

Originally posted by kuniklo

The Q and the Virus seem like they'd play nicely together.

They do :).

I know I don't really need 4 VA's

Tell that to the guy who has 6. Nova, Q, C, Micromodular, Ion, AN1x. 6.5 if you count in the Electribe A.

Anybody want to talk me out of buying an E-Mu Ultra sampler while I'm shopping?

Hardware samplers are sooo last year ;). Nah, if you insist, just make sure you get one maxed out to the wazoo including an USB board (ergo, the 6400). Much nicer to work with than the waving-a-dead-chicken SCSI voodoo.

• Members

Originally posted by pizzamon

There are goods and bads. The biggest advantage is that you can midi the virus to you waldorf and use the big red knob to file through patches and multis on the virus.

The programmable arp on the microQ is quite nice too ;)

• Members

Tell that to the guy who has 6. Nova, Q, C, Micromodular, Ion, AN1x. 6.5 if you count in the Electribe A.

I'm actually thinking about picking up a Nord Lead Rack 2 also, since they're cheap and I like Nords. You could be in good company soon here. Seriously, if you're willing to shop a generation or two back you can get some very good deals on hardware VAs right now.

Hardware samplers are sooo last year
;)
. Nah, if you insist, just make sure you get one maxed out to the wazoo including an USB board (ergo, the 6400). Much nicer to work with than the waving-a-dead-chicken SCSI voodoo.

I'm also considering building a custom PC just to run Emulator X2. Hmmm...

• Members

Absolutely a plus about the arp. The microq has a lot of OS issues with midi that you need to work around sometimes tho. I'm hoping for bug fixes around Winter NAMM 07 that will solve my problems. Until then she can be a tease sometimes. I tend to get inspired by networking and think I've come up with some dope combo that wont work because of OS issues. It's like she takes the panties down, then pulls them right back up again..ugh.

• Members

I'm actually thinking about picking up a Nord Lead Rack 2 also, since they're cheap and I like Nords.

Then go the extra bit and get a Nord Modular rack. Basically you got all the Nord building blocks inside - but it can do so, so much more... even the modest Micromodular can do some amazing stuff.

Seriously, if you're willing to shop a generation or two back you can get some very good deals on hardware VAs right now.

And the Virus is probably the best example of this; the B's an incredible bang for the buck.

I'm also considering building a custom PC just to run Emulator X2. Hmmm...

I got Kontakt. Can't praise it enough, unless of course you're already running X2 and are familiar with it :).

• Members

Originally posted by pizzamon

The Q+ is still listed on their product page, so you could probably score one if you got in touch with them personally. It's notoriously difficult to get them to respond to you right now tho, they must be pretty busy over there. If you write them, try using the separate sales email.

Well, http://www.thomann.de/de/waldorf_q_analogsynthesizer.htm?sid=9b238920eb233b993f210b26dc7e10fd

Anyone have a clue as to how much extra I'd have to pay getting one shipped from Germany? I'd guess that the shipping would be a few hundred right there...

• Members

Then go the extra bit and get a Nord Modular rack. Basically you got all the Nord building blocks inside - but it can do so, so much more... even the modest Micromodular can do some amazing stuff.

I really prefer simpler hardware synths. Things like Nord Leads, JP-8080 etc. Instant gratification. Something like the Q is about as complex as I can handle in a hardware synth. As much as I love the interface and architecture of the Nord Modulars they're a little too computer-centric for hardware for me. These days I'm also shifting my composition focus from complex sound design to more complex compositions so a fullblown modular would be more flexibility than I'd need most of the time.

And the Virus is probably the best example of this; the B's an incredible bang for the buck.

Absolutely. After working with the TI for about a month I realized that I really like the Virus sound and that I rarely used any of the TI-specific features. A Virus B at $500 - $600 is a *lot* of synth for the money.

I got Kontakt. Can't praise it enough, unless of course you're already running X2 and are familiar with it
:)

I own Kontakt and like it, although I can't use it right now since I switched to a Mactel. Still, it seems like the E-Mu stuff has some unique potential for sound mangling and design.

• Members

http://www.thomann.de/de/waldorf_q_analogsynthesizer.htm?sid=9b238920eb233b993f210b26dc7e10fd

Anyone have a clue as to how much extra I'd have to pay getting one shipped from Germany?

They quoted me a price of 1915 EUR for the Q+ and 180 EUR shipping via UPS expedited. That is before the customs tax, and I forget what that was going to be. I got that rate off of some government web site.

I really thought about it, but I bought a Nord G2X instead. The thought was that eventually Nova Musik or similar would offer them for sale in the US at a cheaper price.

The G2X is awesome, but I'd definitely trade it for a Q+.

I've tried remote Jedi Mind Trick on Array before, but the force doesn't seem to work long-distance, and he still has his Q+. :(

• Members

Originally posted by XorAxAx

They quoted me a price of 1915 EUR for the Q+ and 180 EUR shipping via UPS expedited. That is before the customs tax, and I forget what that was going to be. I got that rate off of some government web site.

I really thought about it, but I bought a Nord G2X instead. The thought was that eventually Nova Musik or similar would offer them for sale in the US at a cheaper price.

I've tried remote Jedi Mind Trick on Array before, but the force doesn't seem to work long-distance, and he still has his Q+.
:(

That's interesting. So, it sounds like they'll lower the price (from 2195 euros)...wonder how much the customs tax is ...wonder how soon they'll be available at nova or elsewhere here. I"m sure if I call Nova and ask they'll give me a wildly optimistic estimate.

Well, I have about 10 days to make a decision. It's a measure of my gear lust that I'd actually consider ordering one from germany if they quote me the price above and the customs isn't too high. There's one on ebay now for an astronomical price.

• Members

hah - well, if I do wind up getting a q+ I will sell the blue 32 voice q rack for what I paid for it. Well, if it ever arrives, that is.

• Members

That's interesting. So, it sounds like they'll lower the price (from 2195 euros)

Not necessarily. The price for USA customers does not have the super happy VAT tax that you see included in the European prices.

There's one on ebay now for an astronomical price.

Starting bid is $3800, and the shipping to 73132 is $116.06. :freak:

Guy is either a scammer or thinks he's sitting on a gold mine. My GAS isn't that powerful.

• Members

hah - well, if I do wind up getting a q+ I will sell the blue 32 voice q rack for what I paid for it. Well, if it ever arrives, that is.

So you're saying that if I hype you into buying a grossly overpriced* Q+ from Thomann, you'll sell me a Q32 for $600? Intriguing.

* considering currency conversion, shipping charges, and import taxes

• Members

Not necessarily. The price for USA customers does not have the super happy VAT tax that you see included in the European prices.

'

When I looked online, the price w/o VAT was 2195 euros. The price you quoted, + the shipping added to 2195 euros. So it looks like they adjusted the price in consideration of the shipping. Maybe I got that wrong. I did email them, so perhaps I'll hear back tomorrow.

• Members

So you're saying that if I hype you into buying a grossly overpriced* Q+ from Thomann, you'll sell me a Q32 for $600? Intriguing.

* considering currency conversion, shipping charges, and import taxes

Well, probably overpriced based on what they are going to be once they again sell new here, but cheaper (as I recall) than they had been going for on Ebay.

Oh - my Q 32 was $699. So, I wouldn't sell it for less than that. I'm pretty sure I'd get that without difficulty. It's the blue one, man. They sound better.

• Members

Mine just showed up in the mail today. Looks like the real deal. Blue Q with 32 voices and it looks new. Needless to say I'm very pleased.

The guy that got one of these for $400 made the score of the year.

Great! Well, from what I can tell, the guy's store is on the east cost, so if he shipped UPS I'll get mine mid week. Where are you located and how did he ship?

yeah - I can't complain - $695 for a 32 voice blue Q ain't bad. Well, that's the luck of the draw.

I'm excited about this, even though my Sunsyn arrived on Friday, and it has sucked me into its circuitry.

• Members

I'm in the S.F. Bay Area. He shipped it UPS.

The Sunsyn looks amazing, but spendy. Did you buy it new?

ah- that's promising. I'm in SF myself.

Yeah - I sold a bunch of stuff and bought it new. And the worst part is I had to pay about $300 in state tax....

But it is amazing, and I don't regret the expenditure for a minute. Download the manual and read about the filters and modulation, if you haven't....

Big, solid thing. Impressive looking and sounding...great user interface. Terrible presets, for the most part, but a very handy init function...

• Members

But it is amazing, and I don't regret the expenditure for a minute. Download the manual and read about the filters and modulation, if you haven't....

Don't tempt me. That's way outta my price range right now. Did you get it from Analogue Haven?

Archived