just ordered a SCOD and a Quasar

Elliott Damage

• Members

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

Wow, you have downsized.

What kind of amp and guitar?

Tokai MIJ Love Rock Gold Top w/P90's and a Mesa Mark I Reissue head. I have a custom built 4x10 and a matching 2x10 extension cab so I'm set for that.

I'm gonna get a Barber Launch Pad to jump the channels and even out levels so I can use the amp's distortion for that Weezer Blue Album crunch to go with my new SCOD, which hopefully I'll love.

and then a nice Vibe clone and then I'm done for awhile I hope.

• Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

I'm pretty happy about that.

this brings my new live setup to: SCOD, Quasar, DD-20, Semaphore. Pretty cool. Only a few things left to go.
:wave:
big purchases coming soon: new amp, new guitar.

wow! pretty close to my trimmed setup too.

I've been getting great tones with DD20 and Big Cheese. Last night I ran Strobotomp>Big Cheese> keeley BD2>DD20> Semaphore> powered with Powerall.

The Cheese will actually not be on my regular board i reckon. I use the BD2 too much and it sounds great and cuts through with the band perefectly.

To be able to use this slimmed board I need to get the PS5 + EV5 on it and then get a small phaser (Infinitphase won't fit :D ) and the Quasar is totally on my list and it's versus the PH1r. I'll probably get the compressor and RAT on there too. So not too slimmed in reality. DD20 and BD2 are my basic go-to pedals but I have bits of songs that need other effects dammit. So I've been trying to take less songs to rehearsal so i don't use excess effects on new songs.

this is from a setup that usually goes Picture wah>Collapse boost>BD2>loooper with AB a) Keeley TS9 b) Keeley RAT> Compressor> Tremolo Bypass strip 1) Infinitphase PS5 2) DD20, FL9 etc etc....powered by ADL Juicebox.

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

wow! pretty close to my trimmed setup too.

I've been getting great tones with DD20 and Big Cheese. Last night I ran Strobotomp>Big Cheese> keeley BD2>DD20> Semaphore> powered with Powerall.

The Cheese will actually not be on my regular board i reckon. I use the BD2 too much and it sounds great and cuts through with the band perefectly.

To be able to use this slimmed board I need to get the PS5 + EV5 on it and then get a small phaser (Infinitphase won't fit
:D
) and the Quasar is totally on my list and it's versus the PH1r. I'll probably get the compressor and RAT on there too. So not too slimmed in reality. DD20 and BD2 are my basic go-to pedals but I have bits of songs that need other effects dammit. So I've been trying to take less songs to rehearsal so i don't use excess effects on new songs.

this is from a setup that usually goes Picture wah>Collapse boost>BD2>loooper with AB a) Keeley TS9 b) Keeley RAT> Compressor> Tremolo Bypass strip 1) Infinitphase PS5 2) DD20, FL9 etc etc....powered by ADL Juicebox.

you have a nice rig going. slimmed down is definately the way to go. I have a rps10 pitchshifter and an Ibanez HD-1500 that I might leave on top of my amp. I have a few other things in the back of my mind though....maybe one day i'll get a Flying Tomato, Teaser Stallion or when it come out the Tonefactor Ring Mod....we'll see. i'm trying to fight off expansion.

• Members

Thanks, so do you.

I want to slim the board down (and my insurance bill) but i can't do it.

I can't deny that despite george L's and bypass loops and stuff, my tone benefits from just being Tele/SG> DD20/BD2 > Prosonic.

There are times when i want the whammy action or some infinitphase or RAT or fuzz factory (forgot that was in my chain too!!)

A quasar is on my horizon still. Let us know how it is, haven't had too many reports and it's a very decent price for what it sounds like it can do.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

Tonefactor is worldwide! and they have the best service you're gonna find anywhere!

Tonefactor has a great rep on this board and I look forward to one day doing business with Brad.

But I think their pedals would do good in this market. St. Louis is often overlooked but there are a lot of people who'll buy a boo-tek pedal if you can get one in their hands.

• Members

Originally posted by workinclasszero

But I think their pedals would do good in this market. St. Louis is often overlooked but there are a lot of people who'll buy a boo-tek pedal if you can get one in their hands.

Not overlooked at all. I liked St Louis everytime I've rolled through. It's up to the dealers which brands they buy in. If they wanna sell a few Boss pedals that is what they will do. There are a few fancy ways like trade shows to get dealers to carry stuff. But the best way is still customers nagging the hell out of them. Cause I certainly do not knock on the doors of dealers.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Not overlooked at all. I liked St Louis everytime I've rolled through. It's up to the dealers which brands they buy in. If they wanna sell a few Boss pedals that is what they will do. There are a few fancy ways like trade shows to get dealers to carry stuff. But the best way is still customers nagging the hell out of them. Cause I certainly do not knock on the doors of dealers.

Every vendor pursues dealers differently, and I respect your approach. There's place here called Fazio's and when I go up there to check out a Z. Vex Machine I'll bring my SCOD with me and hip them to you.

Archived