Name a decent analog delay pedal that won't break the bank

playdabluze

• Members

Originally posted by Tmoxness

Ibanez ADL, CD-10 sometimes go cheaply.

I have an old Washburn analog delay that doesn't sound any different from my Boss DM-2.

Ibanez AD9 reissue - $140

EHX Memory Man - $170

DOD FX96 (gotta buy it used)

• Members

Rocktron Short Timer- Analog voiced for $55. Best. Value. Ever.

Rockson Analog Delay- find them on ebay for $60ish, true analog but not the best built pedal ever.

Tokai TDL-1 clean analog delay, sounds great but not so easy t find, sell for a lot less than Boss or Ibanez of the same vintage.

• Members

Originally posted by Tmoxness

Ibanez ADL, CD-10 sometimes go cheaply.

I have an old Washburn analog delay that doesn't sound any different from my Boss DM-2.

if its the same as the locobox analog then were in the same tonal space when it comes to wo wo wo wo wo wooooo

• Members

Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

Find a used Boss DM-3... $150 or less depending on the condition.. you'll never regret it. I've had mine for like 5 years now and it's still one of my favorites. And i didn't even like delay at the time i got it

Prices that low are rare. But if you find one under $200, it's well worth it. But, you have to like a delay a lot to spend that kind of money (I did).

I don't know why people call the DD-3 sterile-sounding. I disagree; it's the best value in delay pedals, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by box handler

I don't know why people call the DD-3 sterile-sounding. I disagree; it's the best value in delay pedals, IMO.

My very first effect pedal was a DD-3. I thought it sounded good when I bought it, but had nothing else to compare it to, since I knew next to nothing about effects. But I have seen (and heard) the world of analog, and I can't go back to digital...or digital sounding delays. :wave:

Archived