Got a Behringer VP1 phaser (small stone knock off) pics, clips, quick review.

jTreu

• Members

i gotta hand it to behringer, this is a great pedal for only $30, id defiently consider some of the other pedals in the series. It has a metal enclosure, no too thick but looks like it will take a pretty good beating. Ive never had a small stone so i cant really compare it to it, but the sound is very nice. To my ears there is a very very slight volume drop, not enough that the average listener would notice. It does a great slow phase all the way up to a really fast warble. The tone switch just adds a little bass when its in the up position. My only complaint is the footswitch, it looks like a 3dpt but its jsut a cheapie, the bypass is good, no bleed through, but when you push it on or off it doenst click like a normal switch, which sometimes makes it hard to realize if you clicked it hard enough or not.

i did two clips so far. 1 without distortion, one with. I dont have my amp(getting retubed and serviced) so i had to go direct.

clips:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=423413

pics:

ivuw50.jpg

ivuww7.jpg

ivux04.jpg

ivuydh.jpg

• Members

the idea is appealing, but the concept of a big company like behringer sucking the money out of EH's pocket sickens me the more I think about it...

EH's cool as hell in my book and behringer's taking their best selling pedals and cloning them... if someone came in here selling $30 clones of a fuzz factory or whatever there'd be people going ape{censored} I bet. Even BOSS deserves more respect than that. A brand new Muff or DS-1 isn't THAT much money... behringer sells decent stuff for real cheap but at what price... :mad:

P.S. the clips do sound good... :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

the idea is appealing, but the concept of a big company like behringer sucking the money out of EH's pocket sickens me the more I think about it...

EH's cool as hell in my book and behringer's taking their best selling pedals and cloning them... if someone came in here selling $30 clones of a fuzz factory or whatever there'd be people going ape{censored} I bet. Even BOSS deserves more respect than that. A brand new Muff or DS-1 isn't THAT much money... behringer sells decent stuff for real cheap but at what price...
:mad:

P.S. the clips do sound good...

it does depend who wants what at the end. Those pedals don't seem gig ready and that is where the difference comes out obviously.

When you gig, do you really want a pedal that can break at any minute due to cheap material? No so you'll go for the sturdy stuff and the companies like Boss are gonna be winners at that level still because theirs are the sturdiest on the market.

• Members

Originally posted by ArrMatey

it does depend who wants what at the end. Those pedals don't seem gig ready and that is where the difference comes out obviously.

When you gig, do you really want a pedal that can break at any minute due to cheap material? No so you'll go for the sturdy stuff and the companies like Boss are gonna be winners at that level still because theirs are the sturdiest on the market.

I don't entirely agree with this. While I have a lot of quality pedals... And a lot of cheap pedals, I'd have absolutely no fear in gigging my cheap plastic pedals.

But then again, I'm unprofessional and hope stuff will break down so I can make a joke out of it. :freak:

• Members

i bought one yesterday...and im not taking

ANY $$$$ out of the eh pocket, cause if there was no $30 ripoff i wouldnt buy one.

i only bought this cause it was cheaper than buildiing a phaser.

and it is quite good too!

i also picked up a dano eq for $10 at the same time!

wooooooo!

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

EH's cool as hell in my book and behringer's taking their best selling pedals and cloning them... if someone came in here selling $30 clones of a fuzz factory or whatever there'd be people going ape{censored} I bet. Even BOSS deserves more respect than that. A brand new Muff or DS-1 isn't THAT much money... behringer sells decent stuff for real cheap but at what price...

P.S. the clips do sound good...

Its the way of the world! Its called competition.

{censored} boss anyhow. I had a pedal switch go bad well within the warranty and they basically said screw you

If I can get something cheaper and the quality is decent Im buying it.

Chris

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

The EHX worm is REALLY bad.

I wouldn't pay $5 for one.

would not say, really bad. but yeah.. uninspiring. i have one laying around and would feel to achamed to sell it because it is not worth much imo. you can find some sounds that work though.

Archived