who else owns a Voodoo Vibe??

LoneStarGuitar

• Members

I do! I do!!

I love the "chorus", and the trem. I have never liked vib. Lately I've been using it as a dedicated trem, but nothing beats a phased chorus when you're going for "that" sound. I use the chorus a LOT to fake an Eddie Hazel tone. I don't know if he ever played with a univibe. I'm not actually copping his tone. I find the chorus with some tape delay (sim from DL-4) goes a long way to copping his vibe (pun intended) though.

• Members

Welcome to Voodoo Vibe Land!

The chorus (univibe0 is the best i have played (out of many I have played). the tremolo is very cool and tweakable, but i can;t get a real hard stutter chop.

the Vibrato is definitely an acquired taste, as with any vibrato. But I am starting to use it at low intensity almost like a modulated delay thing. Interesting.

• Members

Originally posted by Shamuspizzbutt

I do! I do!!

I love the "chorus", and the trem. I have never liked vib. Lately I've been using it as a dedicated trem, but nothing beats a phased chorus when you're going for "that" sound. I use the chorus a LOT to fake an Eddie Hazel tone. I don't know if he ever played with a univibe. I'm not actually copping his tone. I find the chorus with some tape delay (sim from DL-4) goes a long way to copping his vibe (pun intended) though.

This one is a must have for all guitar players!

B000001TVD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by bondini

Yeah maggot brain, phew!

This voodoo vibe sounds just the kind of fella i'm looking for, who makes it? & is it small enough to fit on a more modest board or is it one of these hulking great mammoth contraptions??

Don't get me wrong, Maggot Brain was a strat into a Marshall with some wah in the middle. The vibe helps to nail the "Games, Dames, and Computer Things" sound (Eddie Hazel's solo album). It is a great vibe, and a great trem, but it isn't Maggot Brain in a box.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived