French watch : Jacques new analog delay "The Prisonner"!

newstrat60

• Members

Yes! This is what I want from a delay pedal:

'2- Dry guitar tone when the effect is on

As you must know, when you stomp on a delay box, you hear the wet AND the dry guitar tone . What you absolutely should know is that in digital delay, even the DRY tone is digitalized , which means that how good the delay is, the dry tone which mixes with it is lousy. Try you main digital squeeze with all delay down and compare it with your original guitar tone. You will see what I mean. Of course, no such thing with the PRISONER : the dry tone in the mix is exactly your guitar tone . Believe me, this makes a huge difference and this is part of why we still want analog delay in our computerized world."

Looks like it is gonna be a winner. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Yes! This is what I want from a delay pedal:

'2- Dry guitar tone when the effect is on

As you must know, when you stomp on a delay box, you hear the wet AND the dry guitar tone . What you absolutely should know is that in digital delay, even the DRY tone is digitalized , which means that how good the delay is, the dry tone which mixes with it is lousy. Try you main digital squeeze with all delay down and compare it with your original guitar tone. You will see what I mean. Of course, no such thing with the PRISONER : the dry tone in the mix is exactly your guitar tone . Believe me, this makes a huge difference and this is part of why we still want analog delay in our computerized world."

:confused:

If the Prisoner were a digital delay, this would be a big selling point IMO. There is nothing remarkable about this design in an analog delay, however. It's how they all work.

Maybe this paragraph is aimed at people who have never owned an analog delay before?

• Members
Originally posted by Zooey

:confused:

If the Prisoner were a digital delay, this would be a big selling point IMO. There is
nothing
remarkable about this design in an analog delay, however. It's how they all work.

Maybe this paragraph is aimed at people who have never owned an analog delay before?

It appears I have completely misunderstood what they were saying. I do own an analog delay, but most of my experience has been with digital delays. Even still, my Ibanez Delay champ's repeats aren't exactly like my dry signal. That's what I thought it was implying. My head is smoked today. I have been in bed with pneumonia for like 4 days straight now. :freak:

• Members

Some of his copy is a little misleading. You CAN actually have analog dry tone in a digital delay. All the old rack delays from the pre-modeling age have an analog signal path for the dry tone. All the classics from TC, Korg, Roland, Lexicon, etc. The Boss DD2 and DD3 both had/have analog dry signals. And I'm sure all the old 80's Digitech delay pedals have this feature as well. It would be more accurate to say that TODAY most current digital delay units convert the dry signal to digital. Most do these days...but still not all.

• Members
Originally posted by riffpowers

It looks great, but I always think the casing on jacques pedals looks cheap, kinda like a cross between tokai/aria pedals with a bit of ibanez tone lok thrown in.

:D
well, they are similar to EXAR casings
6.jpg
they do look fragile , but are solid pedals

• Members

not trying to become too conspicuous, but it always kind of bugged me that EXAR seemingly make and sell repackaged Jacques pedals, there also is a rumour of an EXAR delay coming out ...

EXAR started in 1985 and in the early years, they made an analog delay, the AD-1

exar_ad-1_001.jpg

Archived