ZJD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

he should sell out to fender!

:D:evil:

Seriously, Zach has already said that the vibrato effect of the loop junkie could not be duplicated in a "real time" pedal. It's a damn shame, of course, but at least we've got it on our loops!

I'm intrigued by the ring mod effect he has planned. I'll need time to digest that one before I think about anything else he may throw at us.

• Members

I'm intrigued by the ring mod effect he has planned. I'll need time to digest that one before I think about anything else he may throw at us.

Yep. I can't wait until he has a demo vid up. It will be interesting to see who posts a thread about it first. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by Teahead

Seriously, Zach has already said that the vibrato effect of the loop junkie could not be duplicated in a "real time" pedal.

That's too bad. I'd still love to see what sort of modulation pedal he could come up with.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by meriphew

I'd like to see Zach put out a pedal with just the warbly effect from the lo-fi loop junky - sans the looping. I bet he'd make a great modulation pedal.

Add a tap tempo with delay & he'd have a hit!

Probably would sell faster than those vexter fuzz factories! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by TaZMaNiO

Apparently so according to Zach, & he'd be more of an authority than most of your avg. wankers
;)

Why? I thought all the EH reverb pedals were analog.

EDIT: Whoops, I'm obviously retarded! :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Argali

Forgive my ignorance, but is it so difficult to make an analog reverb pedal?

Apparently it's pretty tough to make a BBD reverb sound good, and so far builders who may have made one haven't thought it to be worth producing. I'd be interested in attempting to make one just for fun someday though.

As for spring reverbs, there aren't many boutique pedal makers doing it, but you can find spring reverb units outside of amps in something like the ReverbMate (sp?). Most reverbs you'll buy are digital though, just because they're so much easier, and can usually offer many features, and sound pretty good, and are cheap.

• Members

Originally posted by varialbender

Nope, digital. They'll have a setting called spring reverb, but that's emulation.

I wonder...is it possible to have an analog delay and a digital reverb in a single pedal?

• Members

I don't understand what the fixation is with wanting Zvex to make a delay.

Would you all buy it simply because it's a Zvex pedal? I can't say I exactly understand that...

Honestly, I'm genuinely curious about this. A majority of people said that he should make a delay...but there are already a ton of good delays on the market these days.

Why would his delay (which you know nothing about, since it doesn't exist) be any better? It certainly wouldn't be any cheaper...judging from current analog delay prices and current zvex pedals, it would probably be in the $350 - $450 price range...and that's the range where everyone starts bitching that it's too expensive.

What would the hypothetical zvex delay have that the Diamond Memory Lane, Toadworks Redux, ToneCzar Echo Czar or even a DL-4/DD-20 don't already offer?

• Members

Originally posted by Argali

I wonder...is it possible to have an analog delay and a digital reverb in a single pedal?

Sure, but whether or not people want it or want to build it is another issue. Why not keep them as two separate boxes? Then you get to pick your favorite of each.

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

I don't understand what the fixation is with wanting Zvex to make a delay.

Would you all buy it simply because it's a Zvex pedal? I can't say I exactly understand that...

Honestly, I'm genuinely curious about this. A majority of people said that he should make a delay...but there are already a ton of good delays on the market these days.

Why would his delay (which you know nothing about, since it doesn't exist) be any better? It certainly wouldn't be any cheaper...judging from current analog delay prices and current zvex pedals, it would probably be in the $350 - $450 price range...and that's the range where everyone starts bitching that it's too expensive.

What would the hypothetical zvex delay have that the Diamond Memory Lane, Toadworks Redux, ToneCzar Echo Czar or even a DL-4/DD-20 don't already offer?

Delays are the coolest and one of the most used pedals, and ZVex is the coolest builder. Coolest + coolest = OMFG!

People don't know what the specifics would be, but they assume it would be the most amazing thing ever. Some people imagine details, but they're usually something like sequenced delay or other not so realistic ideas based on imagination and not technical knowledge, which is fine, but not real. Fun to imagine though.

• Members

I think the attraction would be if he could put a great sounding delay into a small box and also maintain the typical zvex low battery draw. That's where I think it would not be possible. Analog delays suck batteries like a cheap whore. Digital delays suck batteries like Star Jones on a twinkee.

I wonder if he could modulate the delays on a bbd delay like the vibrato on the loop junky? Perhaps that's not possible.

:cry:

Archived