Clutch Fans?

supa_scoopa

• Members

I take it you're not talking about MY old band Clutch...

funk/soul/disco covers. I was with them from August 2000 to May 2004.

I believe we actually had a gig the same day that the U.S. Clutch had a gig near us in Holland too!
They were playing in Den Bosch, we played in a bar in Eindhoven.

... no wonder there was so little audience... :(:D

• Members

Originally posted by saturdaysaviour

Regulator is actually just a wah and Tim just moves his foot really fast.

I've seen Clutch more than 15 times and the only other effect that I've seen Tim use besides a wah is a delay pedal once. He's pretty straight forward as far as guitar sound goes.

• Members

Originally posted by negative theory

I've seen Clutch more than 15 times and the only other effect that I've seen Tim use besides a wah is a delay pedal once. He's pretty straight forward as far as guitar sound goes.

Yeah last time I saw them he had a DL-4. Just that and the Crybaby.

• Members

Originally posted by atrox

One of my faves.

everytime i see them, Tim seems to be using a different amp

seen him with Marshall, Orange & Soldano & something else i dont recall.

when i saw their tour with Mastodon, Neil had a Zinky onstage, and Tim was playing Marshalls.

i've never seen them with Hiwatt, however, and that's one amp line that i would think is tailor made for the Clutch sound...but, se la...

• Members

Originally posted by atrox

One of my faves.

everytime i see them, Tim seems to be using a different amp

seen him with Marshall, Orange & Soldano & something else i dont recall.

The first time I saw them, Tim was using a 2 channel Dual Rectifier. He ran it on the clean channel with it cranked.

Lately he's been using Fairbanks Amps.

• Members

The love for Clutch amazes me... it's a little late... but they certainly deserve it

I first saw them opening for Sepultura or Pantera?? I can't remember, but it was supporting Transnational Speedway.

The crowd didn't give a damn about them.. .nobody really paid attention. But I thought they were {censored}ing awesome.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

when i saw their tour with Mastodon, Neil had a Zinky onstage, and Tim was playing Marshalls.

i've never seen them with Hiwatt, however, and that's one amp line that i would think is tailor made for the Clutch sound...but, se la...

I understand Mastodon guys have some sort of arrangement with Laney amps.

http://www.fairbanksamps.com/ claim to be the Clutch sound. Sounds like a Marshall with an SM57 on the album. Not remarkable tone, but coooool tone for cool licks.

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

claim to be the Clutch sound. Sounds like a Marshall with an SM57 on the album. Not remarkable tone, but coooool tone for cool licks.

Tim was playing a Fairbanks amp the last time I saw them and he had a Marshall there for backup. I think the tone is very Marshall, but it suits Tim. I think I prefer when he was recording with the Orange amps.

• Members

Originally posted by dinrodef

The love for Clutch amazes me... it's a little late... but they certainly deserve it

I first saw them opening for Sepultura or Pantera?? I can't remember, but it was supporting Transnational Speedway.

The crowd didn't give a damn about them.. .nobody really paid attention. But I thought they were {censored}ing awesome.

Pretty sure it was Pantera. When they came to Memphis they were booed a lot.

Archived