Good QOTSA patch for the Zoom G2?

Gammy

• Members

Originally posted by TheGammy

Well I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul (yes...i know:o) into the G2.1u and whatever amp is handy,usually solid state.

I hear they use slides alot, but i don't know.....

There is nothing wrong with Epi Les Pauls. I have played some cool ones, and it should certainly do the job.

I'm picking my G2 up tonight, so I'll have a play around. From reading the manual online, I'd think that one of the fuzz modules would be the place to start, along with the dirty gate setting.

• Members

Originally posted by TheGammy

Well I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul (yes...i know:o) into the G2.1u and whatever amp is handy,usually solid state.

I hear they use slides alot, but i don't know.....

There is nothing wrong with Epi Les Pauls. I have played some cool ones, and it should certainly do the job.

I'm picking my G2 up tonight, so I'll have a play around. From reading the manual online, I'd think that one of the fuzz modules would be the place to start, along with the dirty gate setting.

• Members

*resists the urge to blurt out what amp he bought*

Tell all......:thu:

@ CurtisM -thanks,i've got a fairly good sound out of it with your advice. :cool:

Oh yeah a minor problem,the rhythm button has become harder to press after weeks of abuse...any ideas on the solution.

Whatever happened to english_bob?

• Members

I will eventually get round to coming up with a sound. I hadn't realised how little time I really have to get my head round new guitar stuff these days :(

Going from my experience so far with the G2, and using "Songs For The Deaf" as my reference point, I'd say you need the fuzzface model, perhaps the "dirty" noise gate if you want the fuzz a little nastier, a 4x12" sim if you're not actually using a 4x12" (my G2 automatically selects which cab sim you get, so I'm not sure this is what you get with the fuzzface, but it would be my choice given the Jimi connection), a little room reverb to give it some space and EQ (cut the highs, lots of mids) to taste.

If the fuzzface doesn't feel aggressive enough, try the digital fuzz. It sounds a little too gated and glitchy to me, but it's definitely more full on and in-yer-face. It will work pretty well for the lead stuff.

If you want something a little more amp-like for the less grind-y bits, you might find that the MS Crunch (JCM800) setting with the added wah/efx section booster gets you there. This WILL give you a 4x12" sim, and again you'll probably want to add EQ and a little room reverb.

Bear in mind that a big part of the heaviness of the sound you hear on the tracks is down to Nick Olivieri's bass, which is quite fuzzy and guitar-like, and the drums, which are very prominent in the mix, and produced to sound very crunchy and full. There's also several layers of guitar, which you will struggle to replicate on your own.

Archived