New EH Pedals for 2006

Marin Timmy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Will never happen. Huge sheet metal boxes are part of EHX 's branding. Why do you think Behringer has marketed its vintage distorition and phaser in similar boxes, when it could probably have put them in their standard Boss-like enclosure? Anyway, Little Big Muff
:D

There are substantial advantages to NOT super-miniturizing guitar pedals.

The more room there is on the PC board, the easier it is to do repairs and mods. This is the primary reason why small pedals with densely packed or double or multi-layered boards are often not worth fixing when they develop problems. The biggest cost is usually the labor, and the smaller and more dense the board, the more difficult and lengthy the work required. When the estimated cost of repair significantly exceeds the cost of replacing the pedal, I turn down the job.

In addition, the tiny, closely spaced controls on small pedals are more difficult to quickly adjust onstage. "Time out, guys; it's gonna take a few minutes to get the sound we want here - "

Guitar pedal design engineering, repairs, and custom mods:
http://howard.davis2.home.att.net/

• Members

There hasn't yet been a formal announcement introducing the new pedals, but EH should be showing most of them at NAMM. In the meantime, for all the doubters, perhaps this will lend greater verisimilitude to my original post -- direct from my source at EH:

EHPriceList.jpg

Never question me again.

• Members
Originally posted by nosferatu123

Crap USD 618 for the synth... Damn, thats a lil too much... I'll have to save up i guess... The muff's seem reasonably priced.

I think it says $718, but never mind, the price of the Flanger Hoax is listed as $298 and they're going for $189 and under. The 16 Second reissue is listed at $488 and it goes for $305.

So I'm figuring $550 for the HOG and $500 for the 2880.

Too bad I have no idea what the specs are.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Nico de Roode

No. Don't get me wrong. I thought your didn't believe EH made small pedals. They did that with the pedlas you metioned.

Oh right, my mistake :o . I think it was the designer of the Pulsar reissue who said that EHX has a policy of 'if its got more than two knobs it goes into a Big Muff size box' - he'd designed the Pulsar to go into a small stone box.

• Members
Originally posted by shepherdspy

jz8pxe.jpg

You know, it probably took you twenty times as long to doctor that image than it would have simply to say, "Thank you for that exclusive information, Timmy."

Oh well, no hard feelings. By the way, I really like that drawing of David Crosby in your avatar. While the Byrds and CS&N are primarily known as Los Angeles acts, Crosby lived in Mill Valley (Marin County) for several years, right up until his unfortunate cocaine bust.

youngcroz.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by agentcooper2001

i'm interested in learning more about the history of Marin County.

Start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marin_County,_California

If you are sincerely seeking more information regarding the history of Marin County, I'd be happy to elaborate. I could start with the Pre-Columbian Miwok culture, briefly discuss Sir Francis Drake's landing at Nova Albion and the claiming of Marin for Elizabeth I, then move on to Marin under the Spanish colonialism of the Franciscan mission system.

• Members

I briefly lived in San Rafael back in 1976.

It was in the summer. I remember the grass in the area was so dry it was blonde. We used to sit up on the roof and watch the hills burn at night.

It was expensive then. I can't imagine what it's lke now.

Archived