Here's $4k...post a cool rig you would put together...

zhivago

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

I mean, have you ever played one (making you want one), or is it just internet GAS?

I'm asking because I want one, and in my case, it's just internet GAS! heheheh!
;)

:)

i've never played a bass vi but i've played bari's before and one in offset form with a trem arm = :eek: :eek: :eek:

it's part internet gas of coarse but i know the sound and feel for the most part and bass was my first real instrument although i mainly play guitar now i figure a bass vi will be a nice marriage of the two and i'll come up with some nice music with it :)

• Members

yeah man.,...I need to start thinking about getting a house, I wanna get that going in a few months or a year max...so I won't be able to do the guitar buying thing anymore soon, gotta move fast on all this.

yeah i hear you.. i'm sort of in the same boat. a house might be the only thing keeping me from getting the guitars... which is fine. amp and pedals are certain but when our lease is up we're not sure if we're going to re-up or try for a house. we don't want to move again but if it's to our own house we'll manage ;)

good luck :)

• Members
Originally posted by (((echo)))

i've never played a bass vi but i've played bari's before and one in offset form with a trem arm =
:eek:

it's part internet gas of coarse but i know the sound and feel for the most part and bass was my first real instrument although i mainly play guitar now i figure a bass vi will be a nice marriage of the two and i'll come up with some nice music with it

cool.... :)

all the barytones I've played weren't the same scale as the Bass VI, and had way wider necks etc, so I'm still undecided personaly.

it'll definetely sound nice...I got real long thin fingers, so I'm kinda worried because people say the strings are very near each other...but I guess I gotta play one to find out :)

• Members

yeah i hear you.. i'm sort of in the same boat. a house might be the only thing keeping me from getting the guitars... which is fine. amp and pedals are certain but when our lease is up we're not sure if we're going to re-up or try for a house. we don't want to move again but if it's to our own house we'll manage
;)

good luck

thanks man :)

likewise :)

• Members

cool....

all the barytones I've played weren't the same scale as the Bass VI, and had way wider necks etc, so I'm still undecided personaly.

it'll definetely sound nice...I got real long thin fingers, so I'm kinda worried because people say the strings are very near each other...but I guess I gotta play one to find out

slimmer neck is a plus for me.. i was playing a bunch of acoustics on saturday and it became very apparent that i can't play for {censored} on anything but a slim neck.. must be from playing that Ric all these years. good thing my JM has a bound neck, feels perfect to me!

but yeah slim neck, strings close together = Rickenbacker so i know i'll be ok. you'll definitely want to try and play one first but hell if you get a decent deal and could sell it for more later i'd give one a shot for a few months :cool:

• Members

slimmer neck is a plus for me.. i was playing a bunch of acoustics on saturday and it became very apparent that i can't play for {censored} on anything but a slim neck.. must be from playing that Ric all these years. good thing my JM has a bound neck, feels perfect to me!

but yeah slim neck, strings close together = Rickenbacker so i know i'll be ok. you'll definitely want to try and play one first but hell if you get a decent deal and could sell it for more later i'd give one a shot for a few months
:cool:

sounds like a plan!

• Members
Originally posted by newstrat60

i must confess i am also Klon-curious, mainly because Sonic Youth and tonefrenzy clips : its seems it has a rawk-ish flavor, as opposed to blues-y
;)

good luck in your search
:cool:

thanks Eric,

it appears that it works best with an amp that's already cookin'

and I love that type of sound...

I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get one...ebay is the only way I guess

it's not much of a priority really...but I'd love to try it out :)

• Members

thanks Eric,

it appears that it works best with an amp that's already cookin'

and I love that type of sound...

I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get one...ebay is the only way I guess

it's not much of a priority really...but I'd love to try it out

If you're not in a hurry, you could order directly to BFinnegan i guess with maybe a better price tag

• Members

pre-cbs Fender Jazzmaster refin

3x10 Fender Bandmaster tweed clone

fender reverb tank (probably a kit, again)

maxon ad900 delay

zvex super duper

klon

bjfe sea blue eq.

PRetty close to my current rig:

Gretsch 6120AM

3x10 Fender Bandmaster tweed clone (DIY)

fender reverb tank (DIY- with a tremolo circuit, too)

TU-2

Fulldrive II

DejaVibe II

AD-9 and Loooper

Bad Bob Boost

About 4K, I think. Add another K for my strat.

• Members

I already have the best basses (Stingrays!) so here are the amps/cabs

Orange AD 200B bass head and the matching 410 and 115.

Or maybe I'll should just go with the classic rock stack:

Ampeg SVT CL and the matching 810 refrigerator. You can't go wrong with it.

Archived