Effect Pedals For Singers?

zinzin

• Members

A friend of mine has a big board for vocal effect pedals. A lot of commercial stuff, line6 echo park, that type of stuff. and then he takes a DI out. Sounds pretty good. I think you lose... 3 or 6dB or something doing it like this? I'm not sure, that's what I've been told. Someone will have to fill me in on that. Could be wrong, but either way, it did a good job.

http://www.thesetistruth.com

maybe not your style, but you can hear examples everywhere, maybe overused even.

• Members

digitech vx300 or 400 is a vocal effect processor.. well i never owned any of those vocal tools. what i did was buying a rev500 for some great reverb.
i also use sometimes my vocals through a distortion box or my dl4 and went through a di-bx out to the mixer. you have to be very careful with your distortions gain. i know that matt bellamy from muse used to have a pod in the early days for vocal distortion and delay.. i don't know if he still uses it...

• Members

I pretty much always use a delay and reverb when I sing, since I don't have much of a singing vox, unless I'm doing the death metal thing...

One of my favourite things though, is using a tremolo pedal, makes you sound like you're singing into a fan or something.

I don't see the point in buying a specialized vocal processor when you can pick up some cheap old rack gear to play with, which is basicly what I did.

Archived