EH echoflanger

zinzin

• Members

i read its more or less like the polychorus, so, would it be better to buy a polychorus instead of a echoflanger? how is the echo on the echoflanger? is it just a short slapback delay or is it longer? is the echoflanger noisier than the polychorus? please tell me some differences between the echoflanger and the polychorus? senk iu.

• Members

Yes, the Polychorus, Polyflange and Echoflanger are all one and the same. The Polyphase is a different pedal. The delay time is very short - a doubling effect. According to Howard Davis, the designer of the original, the reissues are superior to the vintage units. Probably lower noise - not sure what else. A lot of forumites like the reissue. According to one forumite ("hempathy") the vintage unit has a little more mojo to it. PM him for a better explanation. If you've got no interest in collecting an original, the reissue is a lot easier to come by and would probably be cheaper.

• Members

thank you. some echoflanger were popping up on ebay recently and gone for about 100 euros so i was thinking about maybe getting one. but if the new pedals are improved versions of the echoflanger i better try one of the new ones out now.

• Members

I own an Echoflanger. And I must say that I love it!!! It's my favorite mod pedal ever.

But you should know that its a real tone sucker. You HAVE to fet it TB or ells it will drive you crazy.

I have never had the oppotunity to try a Polychorus so I can't really say that much about it, but the pedal is crazy.

Archived