American Analog Set amps?

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i love the clean tones of this band. Does anyone know what kind of amp's they're playing through?

me too!

that sound is partly what convinced me to convert 100% to singlecoils. the Ampeg shown above is what i saw the guitarist play through about a year ago. don't know if he's played other amps.

• Members

well, you got me curious, ElliotD, so i looked it up...

here's the scoop from the musician himself:

here's the 411.. no tube screamer.. the pedal i use is a boss tu-2 tuner pedal. the gemini was my old "backup" amp, and i fully remember using that in philly once so that's prolly where you saw it? i usually use an ampeg reverberocket2 and it's only 12 or 15 watts, i think, so it kinda flattens out and distorts at a low volume. know by heart was almost entirely a fender vibroverb. promise was almost entirely the reverberocket. and the new record is a whole bunch of different amplifiers.

from: http://amansetnews.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=50&t=46

• Members

you sir, have made my night.
:D

if i had a nickel every time i heard that...

;)

btw, no pedals, as he mentions, but he does use a Space Echo, which can be seen on top of the Ampeg in those pix.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

if i had a nickel every time i heard that...

;)

btw, no pedals, as he mentions, but he does use a Space Echo, which can be seen on top of the Ampeg in those pix.

how simple and effective....

jazzmaster, amp and space echo.

i won't lie. i love their sound.

i got to meet them after I saw them in DC about a year and a half or so ago. They were really cool and humble and shot the {censored} with me at the bar for a bit. unfortunately i was sick as a dog that night but i would definately see them again.

• Members

how simple and effective....

jazzmaster, amp and space echo.

i won't lie. i love their sound.

i got to meet them after I saw them in DC about a year and a half or so ago. They were really cool and humble and shot the {censored} with me at the bar for a bit. unfortunately i was sick as a dog that night but i would definately see them again.

oh yeah. i envy that kind of simplicity.

so sweet in conjunction with the other instruments. basically all of the sweetest-sounding electric instruments ever all on one stage: e-guitar, rhodes, vibes! lovely!

• Members

Great band, great "vibe", great sounds.

I've been loving my Jazzmaster -> delay -> clean Fender-y amp setup for a long time (more because of Television and OKC -era Radiohead- only recently discovered AmAnSet), and that setup doesn't need much more than an OD adding to make it very versatile.

Archived