I'm going to Guitar centre. You guyz want anything?

keyman-sam

• Members

When are those bastards gonna give me a 20% off coupon?

I don't find them as easy to haggle with as Sam Ash. Where I live, there is a Sam Ash and Guitar Center right next door; Guitar Center has the better selection, but Sam Ash usually gives me 15%-20% off the MAP.

Mark

• Members

Yeah, right.

The last time you were going to do a GC run you were like, "Whatever you want, dog -- whatevah you want !"

So I asked for a simple MIDI filter with custom envelope contouring and fuzzy logic aleatoric look-ahead compression and all you came home with was a beat up old tube screamer...

......so you can just effin forget it you little bastard!

• Members

GC Report :

Virus Polar : okay.

Mo8 : sweet

triton ex : really nice

Micron : sweet

fusion : wtf

mpc 1000 : really sweet

Mo ES : read Mo8

Juno G : haha

Fantom X : cool

Roland MC909 : whats the big deal?

Roland SP404 : cool

I dont have time for dis. :mad: Atleast GC now has a virus. :(

• Members

Originally posted by keyman-sam

Yeah i was pretty confused about that. NI has SO many damn freaking options(kc2006, K2-k4, massive upgrade, etc) that I dont know what the hell to buy to get the best advantage out of their deals.
:confused:

That answer depends on what you already own.

Given you don't own anything, you really only have two options:

-- Komplete 3 (which has been discontinued, and only 3 stores were selling it at $599 -- Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, and ZZounds -- everyone else was selling it for $1,000 plus)

-- Komplete 4 (which you won't get any discount on at all yet).

Just FYI:

-- "Komplete" is the name NI gives to its bundle of most products they sell. They came out with Komplete, then Komplete 2, 3, and now Komplete 4.

-- Komplete Care was the name of a product that really was a "maintenance plan", where they guaranteed you would receive updated versions of the products you already owned during that year. You must be a "Komplete" product owner to buy Komplete Care.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by keyman-sam

Roland MC909 : whats the big deal?

I would consider this one of the easier to use samplers out there. It is easy to auto sample/auto divide up to 256 samples at a time. It is easy to play loop samples from since the sampler/sequencer are easy to edit. If you get tired of the factory and expansion board sounds you can load thousands of samples into it. It is easier to create Patches with compared to the MC-808/Fantom XR, which I also own. It is easy to create 16 part Rhythms with one shots or loops. The large display makes it easy to program. The arp is easy to edit and it has a nice variety of effects. Even if it only has a 16 part sequencer it is easy to edit the midi data. It has lots of knobs to tweak with.

The MC-909 is a great "get away from the puter/Internet and make music box"

I bought a MC-808 as a track/sample expander and you can't create fast Patch/Rhythms, even with the puter editor. WTF?

Even if I'm using a MPC for sequencing I keep the MC-909 midi'ed up as a loop/arp player. Also, my Fantom XR is full of expansion boards so I have Supreme Dance in the MC-909.

MC-909.

The King of the Groovebox!!!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Diametro

If it wasn't for GC, I'm not quite sure how I would have gotten into any of this nonsense ...
:)

I saw the Musician's Friend store, in Seattle, WA, before they and Guitar Center started spreading all over the place. I was in awe! Now, it's like going to the supermarket. :)

Archived