best shop in london?

mr benn

• Members

Originally posted by mr benn

right folks where is the best spot in central london to buy pedals,not priced as stupidly high as in denmark street? going over tomorrow and fancy some nice vintage/ boutique stuff!!

Vintage and Rare on Denmark St hands down!!! Ask for Joe or Flea they will do ya right!

Stay away from the cheats at Music Go Round and all of the other stores that they own down that street. Those guys are a bunch of con artists.

Good Luck

• Members

i liked vintage and rare when i was in a few years ago but they seemed pricey!

Compared to the others they are a bargin plus they have a ton of really cool vintage and new pedals there.

The other cool shop is Marcaris but they do not have a lot of pedals.

• Members

cool,i thought macaris were the folk who were remaking the colorsound line?

They are the origina colorsound shop and they have some of the reissues. They are priced at 129 pounds each so good luck

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

Bull{censored} yes and the old man in there with the gay little ponytail like he is 16 again.......not my cup of tea those guys

I had heard from a good source that those guys were making fake vintage Marshall amps.

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

new kings road guitar emporium.

I so wanna go down there at some point...last time I went was more than 8 years ago....and they were shut when I got there :(

I look at their site online often...they get some cool guitars, and their prices are really good and down to earth (for the UK, anyway!)

:)

• Members
Originally posted by zhivago

add Angel Music (1st floor, above Music Ground), and also Wunjo Guitars.

Wunjo is where I go most of the time, Brian the owner and Lee are definitelly great people to deal with. Friendly and got a good range of guitars and sometime pedals.

I do find it important to try to work mostly with people who respect rather than be looked down upon like some people seem to do around that area.

• Members
Originally posted by ArrMatey

Wunjo is where I go most of the time, Brian the owner and Lee are definitelly great people to deal with. Friendly and got a good range of guitars and sometime pedals.

I do find it important to try to work mostly with people who respect rather than be looked down upon like some people seem to do around that area.

absolutely...these guys are down to earth...and well...nice.

I've tried out various guitars down there while having a nice chat :)

• Members

absolutely...these guys are down to earth...and well...nice.

I've tried out various guitars down there while having a nice chat

They are really cool and nice to talk to. :)

I'd recommend to anyone else to go over there and see the choice of nice guitars they have.
Some are more low budget but the rest is quality stuff at good prices.

• Members

Originally posted by mrblackbat

I still reckon mail order from Soundsgreat will pip most stores. Even with the delivery charge.

Are Music Ground in Leeds as over priced as the Denmark St shop?

Oh yes. And the staff there...Absolute cunts.

That's in the posho upstairs one, not sure about the downstairs one next door.

I telephoned once with an enquiry about something; was told to phone back later and ask for so-and-so (who it later turns out is the boss of the whole thing). I phone back and speak to so-and-so, who replied to my genuine enquiry with "oh, so you want free {censored}ing advice then? i'm a bit {censored}ing busy so try calling another time".

Haven't you seen their eBay auctions?

• Members

Originally posted by x-honeyspider-x

I telephoned once with an enquiry about something; was told to phone back later and ask for so-and-so (who it later turns out is the boss of the whole thing). I phone back and speak to so-and-so, who replied to my genuine enquiry with "oh, so you want free {censored}ing advice then? i'm a bit {censored}ing busy so try calling another time".

inseane....I'd never buy anything from them!

• Members

inseane....I'd never buy anything from them!

It wasn't the busy thing that bothered me, i've worked in customer service and sometimes you can get a bit pissy. But the arrogance of saying that his advice might be worth money...

• Members

well it's not about a shop in london.. but it seems to be a common problem worldwide.

i phoned once a shop here that had the digitech talker and asked about the price. they didn't know it and asked for my phone number and said they phone me back!

nothing

i phoned them back 2 days later. they said it's hard to get the price and because it was another guy he took again my phone number.

and nothing

i had to phone again the other day.. and guess.. they didn't know.. but they finally came up with that they are going for around 200 in ebay. the said again they phone back.

2 days nothing..

so i phoned them a last time. they still had no clue and this was the last time i had contacted them!!

(that's called cutomer support!)

• Members

Originally posted by stereotypy

well it's not about a shop in london.. but it seems to be a common problem worldwide.

i phoned once a shop here that had the digitech talker and asked about the price. they didn't know it and asked for my phone number and said they phone me back!

nothing

i phoned them back 2 days later. they said it's hard to get the price and because it was another guy he took again my phone number.

and nothing

i had to phone again the other day.. and guess.. they didn't know.. but they finally came up with that they are going for around 200 in ebay. the said again they phone back.

2 days nothing..

so i phoned them a last time. they still had no clue and this was the last time i had contacted them!!

(that's called cutomer support!)

I think that the phone customer service is becoming increasingly full of incompetent people.

Seriously, I never got so angry with people except for bad drivers.

Archived