So I got bored tonight... I modded my HM2 to have a tube in it.

Pwn3d

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Can I get an "amen" brother?

amen

I see your grinding bitch and raise you a grinding bitch tube ++. :p j/k

how bout a DIY delay and reverb in one box with a 12ax7 in it? Hmm..? It would make a great box without the tube but now that i think about it you could have a tube to soften it up and you could actually have a tube driven reverb circuit. Maybe best to make a small enclosure like the fender one.

Actually, far far back in my head is an idea for the future. I will put a bunch of effects into an amp head case just so you can stack it under your current head. (amazingly I dont have an amp head) And the logo on it would say "Obsessed" in marshall font. :D And made switchable by using two RJ45 cables. hahahahaha

• Members

Originally posted by Pwn3d

amen

I see your grinding bitch and raise you a grinding bitch tube ++.
:p
j/k

how bout a DIY delay and reverb in one box with a 12ax7 in it? Hmm..? It would make a great box without the tube but now that i think about it you could have a tube to soften it up and you could actually have a tube driven reverb circuit. Maybe best to make a small enclosure like the fender one.

Actually, far far back in my head is an idea for the future. I will put a bunch of effects into an amp head case just so you can stack it under your current head. (amazingly I dont have an amp head) And the logo on it would say "Obsessed" in marshall font.
:D
And made switchable by using two RJ45 cables. hahahahaha

I take it you are on a tube kick? :)

• Members

You know, sometimes, reading this forum, I laugh my ass off.

Last year, Liys launches his tube modded DS1. Coming from Indonesia and not having the luxury of a good site, clips or even a proper internet connection he is not taken very seriously. The fact he didn't immediately come out as being the builder didn't help, of course ;)

Just about a month ago, he launches another thread with his current DS1 mod (as shown here) but doesn't get much credit again, no raised eyebrows. Despite the fact he had a contact in the US at this point.

Then he builds a more shiny DS1 Extreme Makeover-style and it's like "I want one, WOW"etc.

:freak:

• Members

Looks good! :thu:

Weren't you just asking how to do this in one of my threads just 6 days ago?! :p Don't forget that Diokay supports his family with his pedal mod before you go giving the trick away for free. Let people figure it out for themselves if they're interested. It would be obvious to people who know about tubes anyway.

Btw...what voltage are you running on the heaters? They sure are glowing!

• Members

Originally posted by State 6000

Looks good!
:thu:

Weren't you just asking how to do this in one of my threads just 6 days ago?!
:p
Don't forget that Diokay supports his family with his pedal mod before you go giving the trick away for free. Let people figure it out for themselves if they're interested. It would be obvious to people who know about tubes anyway.

Btw...what voltage are you running on the heaters? They sure are glowing!

If I do give it away its still going to be technical. I'd like to do my own mods for some pedals. But yeah, I'd much rather everyone find out for themselves :D

about 12 volts to the heaters parallel :) (I know I know, thats almost melting the tube. I'm running half of that to the heaters now on a tube OD pedal that I built. :D)

• Members

Originally posted by Pwn3d

about 12 volts to the heaters parallel
:)
(I know I know, thats almost melting the tube. I'm running half of that to the heaters now on a tube OD pedal that I built.
:D
)

You'll damage the tube with that configuration. 12AX7 heaters are either 6.3v in parallel or 12.6v in series.

• Members

Originally posted by State 6000

You'll damage the tube with that configuration. 12AX7 heaters are either 6.3v in parallel or 12.6v in series.

yeah, I kinda figured that out :) This was myfirst venture into tubes. But I'm using the 6.3v to it now. (different tube because I know if screwed over the other. Made a nice little night light :))

• Members

Originally posted by Speeddemon

Also, why don't you and the DioKay fella use the small missile tubes? Those would be way easier to fit in Boss pedals.

Shame these ones only have a short service life (compared to regular tubes). Hard to replace too...

small.jpg

Archived