You all Want To See Something that Kicks Ass? (I'm Serious)

• Members

Thanks for the compliment. As someone who is struggling to find gainful-employment/a-glorious-future through writing any compliment is truly taken to heart.

Topic?

If it is about Roman, Christian or US history bring it on. I am quite well-versed in those subjects.

I love to write and I love history.

More of my writing can be seen on my website which is listed down there.

:wave:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

it's more like "I have to rescue my girlfriend from a rocket attack" music.

That's really funny and yet somehow very fitting at the same time.

I was fortunate enough to see them 3 times on the DiH tour. They played in Pittsburgh on a Thursday, Buffalo on Friday and then State College on Saturday. It was worth it.

The first night in Pittsburgh, I happened to get to the front of the stage and that was the first time I had ever heard an Orange in person. Wow! :thu:

• Members

barnaby-

its about the African-American experience in the 1920s and the challenges & opportunities they faced. i need to also elaborate on what Af.Am. leaders did & whether i think they were good ideas or not...

its a Primary Resource Analysis, so we have a few things to read like an excerpt of a Marcus Garvey speech, some poetry from the Harlem Renaissance (Langston Hughes, etc) and some other writings...
even an ad for Aunt Jemima syrup.

• Members

I am actually working on an essay right now about the development of racism and what it really is.

Nah, sorry, doesn't sound like too much fun.

Just throw on some "Bitches Brew" and bust it out.

For some reason "Bitches Brew" is the greatest album to play while writing.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

barnaby-

its about the African-American experience in the 1920s and the challenges & opportunities they faced. i need to also elaborate on what Af.Am. leaders did & whether i think they were good ideas or not...

its a Primary Resource Analysis, so we have a few things to read like an excerpt of a Marcus Garvey speech, some poetry from the Harlem Renaissance (Langston Hughes, etc) and some other writings...

even an ad for Aunt Jemima syrup.

if you want to focus on the effects of propaganda on the black population of the 20/30's and how difficult it was to overcome stigma through association, an interesting angle that's always an attention getter is how the prohibition and anti-marijuana movement successfully linked deviancy, drug/alcohol use and the emerging "negro jazz" movements to ruin.

ever read up on that?

it's both hilarious and sad at the same time, and with the new emerging moral crusades of the neo-con right, many interesting parallels can be drawn to modern propaganda efforts as well.

• Members
Originally posted by Barnabyhuggins

I am actually working on an essay right now about the development of racism and what it really is.

Nah, sorry, doesn't sound like too much fun.

Just throw on some "Bitches Brew" and bust it out.

For some reason "Bitches Brew" is the greatest album to play while writing.

Hey man why don't you write about EMO at symbolicorder? :)

Opray Winfrey and public school/university indoctrination has already taught everybody all they need to know about "racism"

Try writing about "anti-racism"...the Communism of the 21st century according to Alain Finkielkraut

Anti-racism is an effort to destroy the power of western countries and bring them into a UN world government by flooding them with 3rd world illegal aliens and destroying their national identities.

Anti-racism indoctrination DOES NOT take place in wealthy countries like Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan...HRMMM I wonder why?.....Maybe an intellectual can answer that question for me

• Members

:D

that was the first set up Matt let me use at his studio - Orange OR80 and Ampeg V4 both driving Orange 4x12 cabs. I didn't think the room was going to be big enough.

then i started getting shocks from the V4, so we pulled that off of the cab, and put a Fender Bandmaster in it's place.

KABOOOM!

like massive chimes ringing through smoke and fog - serious amp horsepower at that joint.

Did you record your album at his studio? We (pulsar47) have been talking to matt about recording there. Sounds like it could be an awesome experience. He's such a humble, nice, down to earth guy.

• Members

Yeah, I've heard he coaches a high school football team in Champaign-Urbana in addition to doing the studio work.

Plus, sonaboy told me awhile back that Matt mentioned the possibility of a HUM reunion. They did play a show in October.

I quiver in anticipation.

I was at the show in October.. it was pretty awesome!

• Members

If you can't tell I am green with envy.

Goddamn I tried hard to make it.

Did they say anything implying "see you again" or other information about the future? Did they say it was a one time thing or perhaps they'd be back?

Anyone know?

I'm chompin' at the bit.

I havent heard anything since the show.. but if i do.. i'll let you know:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by desertlimosine

Did you record your album at his studio? We (pulsar47) have been talking to matt about recording there. Sounds like it could be an awesome experience. He's such a humble, nice, down to earth guy.

Yes, we did a 4 track EP at his place.

but if you record there, don't use Matt - use a guy from KC who's a freelance engineer there named Paul Malinowski - he gets way better drum sounds and works faster.

tell him Andy from Actors&Actresses sent you.

• Members

Originally posted by The Honourable MOC

I love the sound of the guitars on that clip... so huge....

I have an ac30 and an es335 can I get a sound like that too or do I need a specific effect for that? Or is it really a question of guitar and amp combo?

i don't think it's a question of one guitar, i think it's a question of two guitars with two amps each and a bass guitar closely backing what they do.

maybe let the AC30 drive a 4x12 cab...but i don't know if the distortion is the same sound as the Orange gets. i'd doubt it.

• Members

Yes, we did a 4 track EP at his place.

but if you record there, don't use Matt - use a guy from KC who's a freelance engineer there named Paul Malinowski - he gets way better drum sounds and works faster.

tell him Andy from Actors&Actresses sent you.

Awesome.. sounds good to me!:thu:

Archived