Do I really need a fuzz??

porsch8

• Members

Sometimes I really want a fuzz....

But every fuzz i've tried i just dont really like.

But sometimes i want that Gilmour sustaining fuzz...other times i want that loud, abroxious page tonebender fuzz.....other times that wild out of control "wild thing" live Hendrx fuzz.....

But i've never liked fuzzz!!!

Thinking of tring the MI AUdio neo fuzz as that may cover all my bases??

What do ya'll think?

• Members

Originally posted by shaun79

i bought a usa big muff without trying it and its decent but not great. it can make sounds that are just amazing but i could never see it being my mine gain sound.

It's not gunna be my main gain sound either. I'm running an OCD into my 2203 so I got the straight gain covered. I just wanted the muff for some thick sludge type riffs.

• Members

Fuzzes react ALOT to the input.(generally they go first in the chain...except for a wah or vibe,YMMV).

One guitar will sound great ,another like crap.

I like the McFuzz ,lightly,for awesome coloration.

Retroman's Sybil is PF cool...

and I have high hopes for Sean's (Lovepedal) Dragon

He has just a slightly different take on stuff and it's always highly playable (not that other builder aren't ... my ear's just dig his pedals !

Glenn

• Members

after reentering the fuzz world, I've quickly realized that fuzz in an addiction inside the larger addiction of pedals

I know that I need at least two more fuzzes before I'm done

just got a super fuzz clone

now I'd like a fuzz face clone

then on to big muff land

but the big problem for me is that I don't get to crank up my amp too often

and I think I've pretty much figured out that this is a bit missing ingredient in my fuzz recipe

• Members

You know, when I was staring on guitar back in 1978 it seemed like the fuzz pedals were on the way out. I tried several of them back then and they just sounded like my crappy amp. I'm intruiged by all the hype around fuzz boxes. To be honest, fuzz makes me wanna puke because it reminds of the crappy Garnet Mustang that I used to have. Fuzz to me sounds like a crappy amp. We were all into the clean distortion of the DS-1 and MXR.

Before you flame on, now I'm kinda into that sound. I can't recall the name of that round Dunlop that Hendrix used... but I'd like to get one. Even that fuzz fox pedal in the purple velvet looks cool. I'd also like to revisit the Big Muff by EH.

Skilled playing with fuzz is something that I like to hear now. Like some old Robin Trower.

I miss my crappy sounding amp ;)

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

The first rule of fuzz club is, no fuzz will cover all your bases.

the first rule of fuzz club is...we do not talk about fuzz club

the second rule of fuzz club is...we DO NOT talk about fuzz club...

any one else catch that?

• Members

Lovely thread and very fitting for this forum cuz we are ghay over fuzz boxes here.

I own the ultimate octave fuzz. It sounds goddy with my ibanez with dimarzios but sounds like puke on my deluxe am strat. I mean nasty {censored}.

So there you go, if you decide to try a fuzz, make sure you try it with several guitars, amps and different placement (no buffer pre)

I am planning to get the Mayo, and a zoom ultrafuzz.

Yes I guess fuzzes fell out of fashion. Boss doesnt sell any fuzz for the american market. What with that uh? but its ok cuz I think fuzzes really belong to the booteek market.

• Members

Originally posted by theRussianMafia

....and the fuzz from MBV?

Both Kevin and Belinda's Loveless tour rig is available over at guitargeek.com. Interestingly there's no fuzz at all - Kevin was supposedly using a Marshall Shredmaster, Belinda a Boss HM-2. That being said I'd heard the Fender Blender featured prominently in the recording of Loveless but have nothing to back that up. There may be some info on the net about what was used. I think the Frantone Cream Puff cops a Loveless-like tone though.

Archived