Rompler/workstation/synth for <100 US bux

keyman-sam

• Members

Ok, i shoulda been more clear.

I need a KEYBOARD with keys to play with. :) So that, when i come to houston, i dont have to bring my keyboard to play anything. In houston, i dont HAVE anything to play with.

I figured, well i'm gonna spend money, so why not make it something i can use it in the future?

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by keyman-sam

So, i find that i'm going to houston every week, so why not just buy a cheap keyboard and leave it there.

I'm looking for something like an N5, W5/7, SY99, etc., that can be had for

Please, no casio jokes here.
:rolleyes::o

:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/YAMAHA-SY-22-w-Keyboard-stand_W0QQitemZ130030596431QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38091QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest Anonymous

So, i find that i'm going to houston every week, so why not just buy a cheap keyboard and leave it there.

I'm looking for something like an N5, W5/7, SY99, etc., that can be had for

Please, no casio jokes here.
:rolleyes::o

I forgot to ask but would you need speakers in the keyboard?

Ebay is a great source for stuff. Stuff comes along every hour. Sometimes keyboards can be gained at a pretty low price but you may have known this.

Guest Anonymous

ChasIII, THATs the type of stuff im talking about (the sy22).
I need to see more of that.

SPeakers, hmm....not necessary, so it doesnt matter if it had/doesnt have speakers.
:)

You ever buy stuff off of Ebay? There is a good selection of stuff sometimes. YOu know how to search?

• Members

Again, read the thread title. I want 61 keys so that I can play across an acceptable range. I'm not a beginner in creating presets, so i'll have to pass on the microkorg. Plus, it doesnt even have full size keys. I seriously dont know how that thing is even selling. :confused:

• Members

KORG romplers have better sound quality. I think all ai2 synths have nearly the same sound quality, except 01/W's waveshaping sounds. So X5, i5 etc. would be good alternatives if you want something cheaper than N5.

KAWAI romplers - K4 and K11 - has unique sounds, especially with the AM feature. I recommend K4 better than K11. K4 has some bugs - filter envelope often produce click noise - but sounds fatter.

My site hosts .mp3 demos of these synths, FYI.

Other inexpensive romplers would be:

Ensoniq SQ-R

KORG M1, M3R

Roland D-70

YAMAHA QS300, TG300

Archived