Delay >> Trem, OR Trem >> Delay?

Last Nerve

• Members

Not that I use them much together, but how are other people setting up this combo?

I do use a slight delay to fatten some rhythm tones and might see myself stepping on the tremolo for a hard chop or something.

My Analogman DD3 is before my Semaphore.

• Members

Depends. Do you want the tremelo to continue at an uninterupted rate when the delay is on? Then put the trem second. But if you rather have the delay keep it's tempo most clear, don't mind the tremelo losing it's clear tempo and becoming overlapping (and i my opinion, more interesting), then put the trem first.

I would guess that most people put trem first. Just a guess though.

Forget everything I just said and just try it both ways. Don't ever take advice from this board over your own ears. :thu:

• Members

I go both...delay>trem>delay.....>trem
:p

I have my memory lane> Cusack tap a whirl> DD-5>DD-20>Austone(for hard chop)

I tend to like trem after delay. Some one said ealier that it makes it more stable. I agree, you don't get a 'doubled' trem sound if it is after the delay. I think this is more useable in most situations.

• Members
Originally posted by Last Nerve

Not that I use them much together, but how are other people setting up this combo?

I do use a slight delay to fatten some rhythm tones and might see myself stepping on the tremolo for a hard chop or something.

My Analogman DD3 is before my Semaphore.

Trem .... Delay!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Archived