Reccomend a distortion pedal for Peavey Classic 30

cc999

• Members

what sound do you want to achieve?

i have a ts-9 in front, a fuzzface clone and a tonebender clone.

tried it with my big muff, but at the time i didn't liked the big muff sound, so i said nay to it. now i'm freaking about fuzzes and might give it a try again.

and i have a fuzz factory in the mail.

if you want mesa like distortion, i think you will not get it. in the old rehearsal room a metal head used to play with my classic 30, and we used some stuff of them.

he had a boss ds-1, but he claimed it sounds like {censored} for metal. but on the other hand he was to stupid to figure out how the foot switch works for almost one years, so i really don't give a sh*t on his opinion :D

• Members

Comments please

BOSS Super Overdrive

TC Jauering DGTM

Keeley Modified TS9's and BD-2 Bluesdrivers.

Electro Harmonix Double Muff, Little Big Muff, or Metal Muff.

Fulltone Distortion PRO

Looking for the Green Day Sound.............

• Members

Anyone elase experience the Digitech DF-7. Seems to be a type of modeling pedal. Can I get the Green Day crunch with my Peavey Classic 30 with this pedal?

What about the Ibamez classic Tube Screamer?

I am ready to buy so any help is much appreciated.

CC

• Members

Originally posted by cc999

I was reading in another thread that with the Classic 30 tube amp I would want an overdrive pedal and not a distortion pedal?

Can someone verify this........

Thanks

CC

I've had 2 Classic 30's and I can tell you that they love dirt pedals of all kinds. It depends on what kind of player you are really. If you like the amps distortion sound and are just looking to drive it harder then a Tubescreamer type pedal would do the trick providing you are playing the amp loud enough to begin with. If you are playing at bedroom volume then you are better off running a distortion pedal into the clean channel.

Either way,the DF-7 is a good way to go because it can do both. The DF-7 also gives you complete control over the bass,treble,and midrange frequencies,which is important with an amp like the C30 which has a very prominent midrange.

Archived